Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7

JDEaston

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No school is free from having a classless act committed by coaches. Matney is somewhere In between the opinions of him on here. He's no angel or as evil as you read on here.

As is often the case, probably a lot of truth in this.

The bottom line is that Matney did not run up the score on Ashland, and any fair minded person who looks at the scores of Johnson Central's other games this season would have to admit that he has not run up the score on any of JC's other opponents either. Tyler Pack has not had many opportunities to kick field goals this season, and his leg may be the difference in winning and losing a playoff game. There was nothing wrong with giving him a chance to tune-up for the playoffs. In fact, it was good coaching.

The talent may be lacking a little, but there is plenty of talent there. Two RB's that have 4.3 speed, one of which will be playing in the SEC, the other will likely be a D1 athlete also.

As far as the problem, I'm not a coach or a psychic, so your guess is as good as mine. But there is definetly a problem. I can think of numerous things that come to mind, but I can't say for sure that those things are the issue. I do believe there is enough talent to have played much better than they have this season though.

One other thing, I was out of town when Q committed to UK and haven't found a thread about it yet. Just wanted to say congrats to him and thank you to him, as a UK fan.

I agree. The sad part is that they seem to have gotten worse throughout the year...

As usual, spoken with dignity and class. And also as usual, I agree 100%.

Dont tell anyone you agree with me, it will hurt your rep. As for the talent arguement, Flava Flav said dont believe the hype. However, I have a hard time understanding why we have very good hammers and try to use them as screwdrivers. I know our coaches went out of state a couple years ago to study an offense that doesnt seem to fit. If I may, I would suggest they call UPIKE and watch how they are using their skill players. Would require a little less travel for a suggestion. On the other side of the ball, a 5 man front would help free up the better tacklers. Just a suggestion.

Wow!!! Both Highlands and CovCath underdogs in Lit Ratings and heck this just might be the yr that Johnsons City beats both of them. These rankings have to make the JC folk to just want to drive to Louisville and smash some guy in the mouth.

However, I must say that with all of CovCath's losses and Highlands losing two games this yr they will have to take a backseat to JC and take on the underdog role and heck anything is possible, both CovCath and Highlands could beat JC this yr. I know you are proud of your football program and you should be, I wish you well in your run through NKY

I will bet though those annual nemesis will have a huge fan base and following from our new friends out of the East...:thumb:

Edited by Sweeperboy

I can see JC being favor to win against Ft Highlands and Cov Catholic just because of their record, but who has JC played or beaten that are quality win, better yet a quality program? They haven't played any quality teams in the last 2-3 season and it showed in the playoffs with an early exit. I'm sure JC is a talented team, but to say FTH and CCHS is an underdog.. Not buying it.

Wow!!! Both Highlands and CovCath underdogs in Lit Ratings and heck this just might be the yr that Johnsons City beats both of them. These rankings have to make the JC folk to just want to drive to Louisville and smash some guy in the mouth.

However, I must say that with all of CovCath's losses and Highlands losing two games this yr they will have to take a backseat to JC and take on the underdog role and heck anything is possible, both CovCath and Highlands could beat JC this yr. I know you are proud of your football program and you should be, I wish you well in your run through NKY

I will bet though those annual nemesis will have a huge fan base and following from our new friends out of the East...:thumb:

I can see JC being favor to win against Ft Highlands and Cov Catholic just because of their record, but who has JC played or beaten that are quality win, better yet a quality program? They haven't played any quality teams in the last 2-3 season and it showed in the playoffs with an early exit. I'm sure JC is a talented team, but to say FTH and CCHS is an underdog.. Not buying it.

HHS and CCH will be underdogs when and if they play Johnson Central. Very exciting.

WHOA NOW!

Look at the NKY fans doing their best Matney impression trying to paint themselves as some underdog and putting a chip on their shoulder.:lol2:

NOONE...and I repeat NOONE with a pulse who follows KY HS Football will believe JC should be favored. Just because the Lit Ratings... by far the most inaccurate of the CPU Polls.. spits some formula out that ranks JC higher does not mean suddenly Highlands is an "underdog" in that game if it happens.

WHOA NOW!

Look at the NKY fans doing their best Matney impression trying to paint themselves as some underdog and putting a chip on their shoulder.:lol2:

NOONE...and I repeat NOONE with a pulse who follows KY HS Football will believe JC should be favored. Just because the Lit Ratings... by far the most inaccurate of the CPU Polls.. spits some formula out that ranks JC higher does not mean suddenly Highlands is an "underdog" in that game if it happens.

I don't believe it one bit either. FTH, Boyle Co, Lex Cath and Cov Cath underdog? NO WAY. Heck Collins is the defending state champ and I wouldn't quite call them an underdog, even with a down record this season. Not just yet.