Johnson Central 42 Ashland 7

JDEaston

Apparently you don't. Enough with the sour grapes. I am finished with this thread.

No sour grapes here, I truly believe JC is the better team, Ashland has been inconsistent all year, we played our best game against Raceland. (which I imagine is better than Ashland at this point) That said, I can understand why you can't find teams that want to play you. It has nothing to do with how good you are though, Good luck in the playoffs.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone give us time and score of the "taking the knee then trying to score." Are you saying he took a knee on one play and then tried to score on the next? Did they line up trying to make Ashland think it was another knee or did they line up in regular formation?

I can't give you time and score as I was listening while packing for a trip to cinci tomorrow. But from what I heard on radio it was two knees in a row when the game was decided, then jc decided to try to run it in.

He did that last year against Boyd Co. in an attempt to get Pack the state record. I'm really surprised we haven't seen more attempts at it this year.

They should do it more often given their schedule... I believe Pettrey (spelling?) Kicked them through the uprights on kickoffs in the past. I don't remember raceland ever backing him up to set a record though.

They should do it more often given their schedule... I believe Pettrey (spelling?) Kicked them through the uprights on kickoffs in the past. I don't remember raceland ever backing him up to set a record though.

Correct. But, Pettrey did spot the ball 9 yards back, instead of 7 to break the State Record. But, nothing special was ever done to give him a chance to break a record.

God, I loved watching him kick thought the uprights on kickoff, that was something to behold.

Correct. But, Pettrey did spot the ball 9 yards back, instead of 7 to break the State Record. But, nothing special was ever done to give him a chance to break a record.

God, I loved watching him kick thought the uprights on kickoff, that was something to behold.

Special kid.. To this day he's the best young kicker I've seen in person.. Helluva soccer player too.

Can someone give us time and score of the "taking the knee then trying to score." Are you saying he took a knee on one play and then tried to score on the next? Did they line up trying to make Ashland think it was another knee or did they line up in regular formation?

The score was 39-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game on a running clock with the freshmen O in. Tyrese Allen had two rushes for about 70 yards on the previous two plays and they were trying to burn time instead of tacking on another TD. They were in regular formation.

The score was 39-7 with about 4 minutes left in the game on a running clock with the freshmen O in. Tyrese Allen had two rushes for about 70 yards on the previous two plays and they were trying to burn time instead of tacking on another TD. They were in regular formation.

So they took a knee on a couple of plays when the game was over, then elected to kick a fg? If they averted the touchdown to "keep from running the score up" what was the need for the field goal?

So they took a knee on a couple of plays when the game was over, then elected to kick a fg? If they averted the touchdown to "keep from running the score up" what was the need for the field goal?

Trying to defend Matney will leave you just running in circles. I gave up on it last year. I like the overall position he has gotten the program to but some of his choices leaving you scratching your head and give others a bad impression.

Trying to defend Matney will leave you just running in circles. I gave up on it last year. I like the overall position he has gotten the program to but some of his choices leaving you scratching your head and give others a bad impression.

That sounds fair.

That's the most sensable thing I've heard in this thread, regaurding jc and mattney.

Fair assessment and glad you said it. Thanks for your honesty.