Madison Central 60 Scott County 57

I want to congratulate Coach Feldhaus for this victory. He's a class act and I will always be greatful to him for what he done for my son. I'll be there to support him and the rest of the Indians.

Duane Fields was voted 11th Region MVP! :dancingpa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread tends to indicate that Scott dominated the 8th until they left. Error! They had a great run in the 90's however they only won the region 1 time in the last 5 years in the 8th. Oldham 2001, 2002, 2003-Scott 2004-Bullitt East 2005. They are good, however, the 8th region was on to BillyBall after the great players of Jones, Hundley, Alsop and especially the unsung best player on that group A.W. Hamilton moved on. Shelby was a better team this year and would have won the 8th even if Scott was still there.

The thread tends to indicate that Scott dominated the 8th until they left. Error! They had a great run in the 90's however they only won the region 1 time in the last 5 years in the 8th. Oldham 2001, 2002, 2003-Scott 2004-Bullitt East 2005. They are good, however, the 8th region was on to BillyBall after the great players of Jones, Hundley, Alsop and especially the unsung best player on that group A.W. Hamilton moved on. Shelby was a better team this year and would have won the 8th even if Scott was still there.

Probably not.

Scott Co. would have won the weak 8th this year without a doubt

Have you seen Shelby play? I've seen all three of these teams play(Shelby, Scott co, and Madison central) and I like Shelby against all of them. Also as a side note, since I'm from the eighth region, any time Scott County go's down is a good day for me. :thumb:

Do you people hate Billy Hicks so much that you're happy that the young men who played hard all season are sitting home? Probably reading your posts about how glad you are that they're gone. I try to be an impatial fan, if there is such a thing. I cheer for my boys but I DO NOT degrade the others. And I bet most of you are grown men who's only dream was to play on a team like Scott County. Don't hate--Congratulate. My only beef is that Mackey didn't make All-Tournament team.

Scott County had a tough road in the district and region and got to the finals in a remarkable run. The 11th was ultracompetitive this year and any of ten teams could have won it with luck and/or the right draw. Madison Central had the right draw and a bit of luck in the fourth quarter last night. Scott County had a horrible draw in getting to the finals and I suspect fatigue was a factor in their losing. If the 11th played a home and home schedule to determine the representative to the Sweet Sixteen, I'm confident Scott County would be playing next thursday night. That's the great thing about the one state champion format with all teams being eligible, almost anybody can win. Good luck to Madison Central, represent the 11th well!

Does anyone have an explanation of how Bud Mackey does not make the all-tournament team? It looks like two players were the most taken from each team and the fact that Scott County didn't win it and would get three, may be the reason. Walls and Haddix were also deserving.

He has been arguably the best player on the floor each time I have seen Scott County this year.

Scott County had a tough road in the district and region and got to the finals in a remarkable run. The 11th was ultracompetitive this year and any of ten teams could have won it with luck and/or the right draw. Madison Central had the right draw and a bit of luck in the fourth quarter last night. Scott County had a horrible draw in getting to the finals and I suspect fatigue was a factor in their losing. If the 11th played a home and home schedule to determine the representative to the Sweet Sixteen, I'm confident Scott County would be playing next thursday night. That's the great thing about the one state champion format with all teams being eligible, almost anybody can win. Good luck to Madison Central, represent the 11th well!

MAdsion Central had great run but their district basically takes a lot of the heat. They have won it how many straight years?