Madison Central 60 Scott County 57

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big key, IMO, was the coaching move by Coach Feldhaus he took Mathis off of the 6-4 guard for Scott Co. I can't remember his name and put Fields on him. The Cardinals had trouble scoring after that.

Congrats Madison Central. I'm not a fan of Hicks to start with, so you have made my day. Now we won't have to watch him ride the officials at the state tournament this year. He never sits down and is constantly on the refs.....but for some reason he never gets a T. I'm glad I don't have to look at that this year.

Speaking of Madison Central, the last time they were in the state tournament they had a HUGE crowd....one of the largest I've seen. They had school buses lined up for what seemed like a mile. The KHSAA should be pretty happy right now. Richmond is only 20 miles from Lexington, and Madison County has 80,000 people.

I'm actually really surprised.....

Madison Central was the "quiet" team in the 11th all year, when teams such as Scott Co, Henry Clay, and others took the glory....

Second year in a row that Scott Co. has lost in a regional final....

Maybe Coach Hicks will want to head home to the friendly confines of the 13th region and coach the Harlan Central Bears soon....gotta be easier than winning the 11th region....he left the 13th for an easier region in the 8th then they shift him around....Great win for Coach Feldhaus...a true competitor...

I'm not really surprised about this one. Feldhaus is a great coach, and has a great team. I think scott co. may have just over looked them. Scott is young and will be a strong contender next season, they will learn from this and move on. they are realizing now how tough the 11th is.