Is it time for a movie quotes thread?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to Three!

All 3 are Top 10 (Adjusted for inflation) Box office hits!

2. Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.

6. Maybe he's not that smart. Maybe he's like a worker bee who only knows how to push buttons or something.

8. There are two kinds of men and only two. And that young man is one kind. He is high-minded. He is pure. He's the kind of man the world pretends to look up to, and in fact despises. He is the kind of man who breeds unhappiness, particularly in women. Do you understand?

Down to Three!

All 3 are Top 10 (Adjusted for inflation) Box office hits!

2. Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.

6. Maybe he's not that smart. Maybe he's like a worker bee who only knows how to push buttons or something.

8. There are two kinds of men and only two. And that young man is one kind. He is high-minded. He is pure. He's the kind of man the world pretends to look up to, and in fact despises. He is the kind of man who breeds unhappiness, particularly in women. Do you understand?

I just realize coldweatherfan guessed #2 was Avatar back in post 73. Is that correct?

Nope...I was raised riding bikes, fishing, playing pickle and dodge-ball in backyards, exploring and building forts in the woods, walking up to the Ft. Mitchell Drug Shoppe to buy baseball cards and gum, and playing ghost in the graveyard and spotlight in the evenings with neighborhood kids.

We did all that stuff too, but on Sunday evenings we usually gathered up as a family and watched the ABC feature of the week, often Disney stuff. I remember watching Fantasia as a kid and being blown away. Only later did I grow to loathe Disney and its strange, revisionist history.