Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Based on the Ray Rice penalty Adrian Peterson should be banned from the NFL for life

Featured Replies

Again, based on the penalty Rice was given, AP should be out of the NFL forever.

 

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Child abuse is a form of domestic violence only worse in my opinion. Adults have free will and can leave, children are stuck...

 

I hate to see all this happening but based on the new Ray Rice penalty AP is done.

Again, based on the penalty Rice was given, AP should be out of the NFL forever.

 

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

I think finding him guilty would be paramount, don't you?

  • Author
I think finding him guilty would be paramount, don't you?

 

What was Ray Rice found guilty of? Diversion? Seriously, I really don't know.

If the last link I posted in the other thread is true, I think it's going to be hard to keep him around.

What was Ray Rice found guilty of? Diversion? Seriously, I really don't know.

 

Which time? He had undisputed evidence against him.

If the last link I posted in the other thread is true, I think it's going to be hard to keep him around.

I agree. Question, do you think those photos are legit? Not saying they're fabricated, but they're really uniform in their placement. I can tell you if I ever got whooped with a switch, it wasn't nice and neat like that.

I agree. Question, do you think those photos are legit? Not saying they're fabricated, but they're really uniform in their placement. I can tell you if I ever got whooped with a switch, it wasn't nice and neat like that.

 

 

I don't see a reason to doubt them yet. They are part of the police report and AD has admitted to "whooping" the kid. I'd guess they showed him the photos during the interview process.

I'm surprised how much information has been released based on the fact that the victim is a kid.

 

However based on what we know...AP looks to be in serious trouble legally and with the NFL if Goodell doesn't screw up again.

Based on what I just read on yahoo about the situation, it is not at all the same as the Ray Rice scenario. Adrian was disciplining his own son for being violent with a sibling. Is a paddle any different then a switch? A paddle leaves a bruise and a switch leaves a cut. In my mind, abuse is when a parent hurts their children for selfish or emotional reasons. We can talk about parenting styles all day, but knocking a woman, who is not your own child, out cold and then dragging her by the feet out of the elevator is different then excessive discpline or parenting.

 

But I have only read one article and it was one day old. I know how news can change over the course of an hour.

Based on what I just read on yahoo about the situation, it is not at all the same as the Ray Rice scenario. Adrian was disciplining his own son for being violent with a sibling. Is a paddle any different then a switch? A paddle leaves a bruise and a switch leaves a cut. In my mind, abuse is when a parent hurts their children for selfish or emotional reasons. We can talk about parenting styles all day, but knocking a woman, who is not your own child, out cold and then dragging her by the feet out of the elevator is different then excessive discpline or parenting.

 

But I have only read one article and it was one day old. I know how news can change over the course of an hour.

So as long as it's part of my disciplining my kids I can knock them out? If not then where does it stop being punishment and start being abuse?

So as long as it's part of my disciplining my kids I can knock them out? If not then where does it stop being punishment and start being abuse?

 

Based on what I read, he did not knock anyone out. His child was fighting with another one of his children. He made his son go and take leaves off a branch (when I was a kid I had to go and grab the belt) and then spanked him. The switch caused cuts on his butt, legs, and ankles. Those cuts could have been made with three swats.

 

I am not saying what he did was good. I am saying that it is not the same as the Ray Rice situation.

  • Author
Based on what I just read on yahoo about the situation, it is not at all the same as the Ray Rice scenario. Adrian was disciplining his own son for being violent with a sibling. Is a paddle any different then a switch? A paddle leaves a bruise and a switch leaves a cut. In my mind, abuse is when a parent hurts their children for selfish or emotional reasons. We can talk about parenting styles all day, but knocking a woman, who is not your own child, out cold and then dragging her by the feet out of the elevator is different then excessive discpline or parenting.

 

But I have only read one article and it was one day old. I know how news can change over the course of an hour.

 

Of course we need more facts/info to come up but we disagree if it is as bad as reported. If so I think it is clearly worse than what Ray Rice did.

And what about Hardy? He was convicted and is still playing, last I heard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.