Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Based on the Ray Rice penalty Adrian Peterson should be banned from the NFL for life

Featured Replies

100%. Boggles my mind that there are people who don't think beating a child is worse than what Rice did. Flabbergasted.

 

It's simple for me. Petersons action were out of love and trying to teach a lesson. He went to far by the pictures but the intentions I feel weren't morally wrong. You may not believe in spanking a child. I do. I think this more than likely went beyond reasonable spanking. But using an object to spank isn't foreign to me. I think this instance was met as a lesson to correct bad behavior.

 

Ray Rice situation was hitting a women out of pure anger to cause harm. I'll say it again calling this worse than Ray Rice is hyperbole.

 

Now if it comes out AD was drunk and angry and beating him over and over I may have a different stance. But this could very easily be a father teaching a lesson and ended up spanking harder than he intended. Which isn't uncommon and doesn't make someone a serial child abuser.

 

I'm of the belief not enough kids are spanked today and put in their place.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's simple for me. Petersons action were out of love and trying to teach a lesson. He went to far by the pictures but the intentions I feel weren't morally wrong. You may not believe in spanking a child. I do. I think this more than likely went beyond reasonable spanking. But using an object to spank isn't foreign to me. I think this instance was met as a lesson to correct bad behavior.

 

Ray Rice situation was hitting a women out of pure anger to cause harm. I'll say it again calling this worse than Ray Rice is hyperbole.

 

Now if it comes out AD was drunk and angry and beating him over and over I may have a different stance. But this could very easily be a father teaching a lesson and ended up spanking harder than he intended. Which isn't uncommon and doesn't make someone a serial child abuser.

 

I'm of the belief not enough kids are spanked today and put in their place.

 

You've seen the photos? What I saw was beyond any acceptable punishment for a 4 year old. It is indefensible.

You've seen the photos? What I saw was beyond any acceptable punishment for a 4 year old. It is indefensible.

 

I don't know the whole story and neither does anyone else. Like most stories on this site I don't rush to judgement. We will see what happens in court. If he doesn't go to jail and as long as he isn't serial child abuser I'm not going to be apart of the Internet mob these days that wants to take people's careers away from them .

 

It's very plausible he was punishing to teach a lesson and went further or harder than intended. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. He should be punished. I'm not going to the extreme of the Internet mob calling for jobs before full story and court has taken place.

I don't know the whole story and neither does anyone else. Like most stories on this site I don't rush to judgement. We will see what happens in court. If he doesn't go to jail and as long as he isn't serial child abuser I'm not going to be apart of the Internet mob these days that wants to take people's careers away from them . It's very plausible he was punishing to teach a lesson and went further or harder than intended. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. He should be punished. I'm not going to the extreme of the Internet mob calling for jobs before full story and court has taken place.

 

Ray Rice isn't going to jail either.

It's simple for me. Petersons action were out of love and trying to teach a lesson. He went to far by the pictures but the intentions I feel weren't morally wrong. You may not believe in spanking a child. I do. I think this more than likely went beyond reasonable spanking. But using an object to spank isn't foreign to me. I think this instance was met as a lesson to correct bad behavior.

 

Ray Rice situation was hitting a women out of pure anger to cause harm. I'll say it again calling this worse than Ray Rice is hyperbole.

 

Now if it comes out AD was drunk and angry and beating him over and over I may have a different stance. But this could very easily be a father teaching a lesson and ended up spanking harder than he intended. Which isn't uncommon and doesn't make someone a serial child abuser.

 

I'm of the belief not enough kids are spanked today and put in their place.

 

 

Anyone who thinks what Peterson did was out of love is delusional IMO.

 

He didn't spank him, he beat him with a switch, and then joked about in text messages. There is no way you saw the pictures. This wasn't spanking harder than intended, it was flat out rage induced abuse. Saw that 2 years prison is the max sentence for this charge. That's a pity. AP should be in jail for a very long time.

Anyone who thinks what Peterson did was out of love is delusional IMO.

 

He didn't spank him, he beat him with a switch, and then joked about in text messages. There is no way you saw the pictures. This wasn't spanking harder than intended, it was flat out rage induced abuse. Saw that 2 years prison is the max sentence for this charge. That's a pity. AP should be in jail for a very long time.

 

So you were there. I didn't know.

For the moment, I tend to agree with Lipton on the matter. As a child I was spanked, belted, and switched a few times (deservedly so).

 

I also think that with this case being tried in Texas, AP's defense jury can swing an older aged jury, he may be found not guilty.

He didn't spank him, he beat him with a switch, and then joked about in text messages. There is no way you saw the pictures. This wasn't spanking harder than intended, it was flat out rage induced abuse.

 

If this turns out to be actually true. Then I do not think anyone will disagree with you. We are not arguing that it is okay to do the things you are saying. We are saying that it is not definite that what you say took place actually took place.

I don't know the whole story and neither does anyone else. Like most stories on this site I don't rush to judgement. We will see what happens in court. If he doesn't go to jail and as long as he isn't serial child abuser I'm not going to be apart of the Internet mob these days that wants to take people's careers away from them .

 

It's very plausible he was punishing to teach a lesson and went further or harder than intended. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished. He should be punished. I'm not going to the extreme of the Internet mob calling for jobs before full story and court has taken place.

 

I felt similar when the Ray Rice situation first broke. I rationalized it as once all the facts came out, that things would look different. After all, I'm a Ravens fan (the only one on this site, I think) and I have followed Ray Rice and his anti-bullying campaign. Surely this was a two way situation that had gone too far. I couldn't be more wrong and I feel foolish.

 

I'm not saying that we should rush to definitive judgment. I do think that we can have opinions based on what we do know. If it turns out that there are no marks on the child and the photos and text messages were faked, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong.

 

However, from what has been presented in those, AP should be ashamed. That many marks and the location of the injuries on a four year old is inexcusable. It doesn't matter if these actions were acceptable in the past. Many things used to be legal and acceptable, but thankfully aren't now.

Nothing wrong with whipping your kid, but taking it to the point of what he did is wrong.

I felt similar when the Ray Rice situation first broke. I rationalized it as once all the facts came out, that things would look different. After all, I'm a Ravens fan (the only one on this site, I think) and I have followed Ray Rice and his anti-bullying campaign. Surely this was a two way situation that had gone too far. I couldn't be more wrong and I feel foolish.

 

I'm not saying that we should rush to definitive judgment. I do think that we can have opinions based on what we do know. If it turns out that there are no marks on the child and the photos and text messages were faked, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong.

 

However, from what has been presented in those, AP should be ashamed. That many marks and the location of the injuries on a four year old is inexcusable. It doesn't matter if these actions were acceptable in the past. Many things used to be legal and acceptable, but thankfully aren't now.

 

I'm not an AD fan boy and supporter. U don't have him in his fantasy. I guess I'm just got sick of the "twitter" mob

It's simple for me. Petersons action were out of love and trying to teach a lesson. He went to far by the pictures but the intentions I feel weren't morally wrong. You may not believe in spanking a child. I do. I think this more than likely went beyond reasonable spanking. But using an object to spank isn't foreign to me. I think this instance was met as a lesson to correct bad behavior.

 

Ray Rice situation was hitting a women out of pure anger to cause harm. I'll say it again calling this worse than Ray Rice is hyperbole.

 

Now if it comes out AD was drunk and angry and beating him over and over I may have a different stance. But this could very easily be a father teaching a lesson and ended up spanking harder than he intended. Which isn't uncommon and doesn't make someone a serial child abuser.

 

I'm of the belief not enough kids are spanked today and put in their place.

So as long as it comes from a place of love you're ok with him knocking his 4 year old out? Is punching ok or do you draw the line at whipping like a slave? Did you see the pics? It is never ok to draw blood on a 4 year old, I don't give a crap how you want to rationalize it or what your parents did to you as a child. I spank my kids when I feel they need it but I would never hit them with something that would cause them to bleed then joke about it in a text.

Nothing wrong with whipping your kid, but taking it to the point of what he did is wrong.

 

I'm with mountainref on this one.

I caught a belt quite a few times as a lad. I'll tell you my parents now regret using such means. A belt is unnecessary and, frankly, uncivil. A switch is possibly worse.

 

However, regardless if you agree with that or not the pictures show that he lost control and should be punished.

So as long as it comes from a place of love you're ok with him knocking his 4 year old out? Is punching ok or do you draw the line at whipping like a slave? Did you see the pics? It is never ok to draw blood on a 4 year old, I don't give a crap how you want to rationalize it or what your parents did to you as a child. I spank my kids when I feel they need it but I would never hit them with something that would cause them to bleed then joke about it in a text.

 

I never read a charge he knocked him out ? If he AD hit a kid hard enough to knock him out he probably would kill him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.