Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Based on the Ray Rice penalty Adrian Peterson should be banned from the NFL for life

Featured Replies

If you agree AP is worse than Rice and Rice got at least a year suspension then AP would have to get a year plus, correct?

 

I thought Rice got two games, then and indefinite suspension. The latter could be anything. The only thing worse would be a lifetime suspension. Or did I miss something again. If proven guilty I think a year would be fair.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AP is not playing this weekend.

Maybe I am crazy but I do not think it is as cut and dry as that. Comparing it to Jerry Sandusky? Really? Was it improper discipline of a 4 year old? Absolutely yes. But Jerry Sandusky? I say no.

 

I get your point and there definitely is a difference between this and the whole Penn State situation. What I'm talking about is more based on an image perspective. I don't think professional sports teams, universities/colleges, sports organizations, etc. will have any tolerance after everything Penn State went through. Both situations may be different, but they are still considered as abuse.

  • Author
I thought Rice got two games, then and indefinite suspension. The latter could be anything. The only thing worse would be a lifetime suspension. Or did I miss something again. If proven guilty I think a year would be fair.

 

Okay, indefinite plus?

The article I read had pics, however, I am not 100% positive they are real. There has been no one disputing them that I have read.

That was exactly my point above.

I believe so too. Domestic violence is undoubtedly a bad thing, but abuse or anything else related that's involved with children is much worse. I don't see this turning out good for AP and it shouldn't if all of what's being reported is true.

 

IMO, after all that took place with Jerry Sandusky and everyone else involved with the craziness at Penn State, ANYONE knowingly being involved with child abuse is done.

Not remotely similar. Not one iota.

  • Author
Not remotely similar. Not one iota.

 

I agree, rape and the abuse AP dished out are like Apples and Atom Bombs.

Am I the only one who was spanked with foreign objects as a child? Did he got to far? Probably. Comparing this to ray rice or calling it worse is hyperbole .

Am I the only one who was spanked with foreign objects as a child? Did he got to far? Probably. Comparing this to ray rice or calling it worse is hyperbole .

 

Mainly at school. Gym teacher would sting you with a whistle strap. I think one of the guys paddles was nicknamed Black Beauty.

  • Author
Am I the only one who was spanked with foreign objects as a child? Did he got to far? Probably. Comparing this to ray rice or calling it worse is hyperbole .

 

I am serious and yes I was beat some as a child. Nothing I didn't deserve but I had it put to me.

 

Again, based on the limited facts we have I believe this is worse than what Rice did. I realize many of us have different ethical/moral/justice standards and that is okay.

I'll be shocked if he steps foot on the field again this season. After that, it'll depend how the legal side of it plays out. Based on what I've read, most legal experts are seeing this as a slam dunk conviction. What kind of sentencing does child abuse carry?

What makes this even more disturbing to me is that just last year AP's 2 year old son was beaten to death by another man.

  • Author

Are we agreeing for once UK?

I'm not sure how anyone can say this isn't far worse than what Ray Rice did. Anytime a crime, specifically a violent crime, is committed against a child it's 10x worse than the same crime against an adult. Pretty disturbing the support AP has gotten from people on this IMO.

Are we agreeing for once UK?

 

100%. Boggles my mind that there are people who don't think beating a child is worse than what Rice did. Flabbergasted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.