Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Goodell should be fired either way

Featured Replies

If the owners feel like his incompetence is de-valuing the league, I can see them letting him go. After all, he's really just a PR Manager anyway and he's failed miserably this time.

 

Oh, no way the NFL didn't see that tape.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would bet any amount of money in the world that NFL employees saw the video.

 

I agree.

I disagree Ray Rice didn't tell them

Exactly what happened. He had the league and team convinced he was provoked. He wasn't provoked if anything he did all the provoking.

 

That is why the punishment changes and it has to do with him lying.

 

All accounts I've seen are being reported that he told them exactly what happened on the video.

All accounts I've seen are being reported that he told them exactly what happened on the video.

Same as I have seen. I have yet to hear that Ray Rice said that he was provoked but not saying it did not happen. Again, she was in the room telling the story to Goodell and company, correct? Not just Rice.

From an owner's perspective, Goodell has been a very good Commissioner. He's not going anywhere unless it's the only way to abate public outcry. This is/will be a bad week for NFL PR, but people will lose interest quickly enough, especially after a day of games on Sunday.

Same as I have seen. I have yet to hear that Ray Rice said that he was provoked but not saying it did not happen. Again, she was in the room telling the story to Goodell and company, correct? Not just Rice.

 

That's how I understood it as well and it is a major reason why the talking heads have been blowing up Goodell and the Ravens for their reaction now. Because they already knew.

All accounts I've seen are being reported that he told them exactly what happened on the video.

 

I wonder what everyone that are being so "Shocked" by the video thought had happened in the elevator. He pretty much told exactly what happened.

 

We had all seen him drag her limp and lifeless body out of the elevator, how did everyone think she got that way?

 

I thought he deserved more than two days before the video and I still do, new video didn't change anything for me except knowing when I saw it that Rice was screwed.

If you do not think a commissioner has a big influence on the direction a league can go, I do not know what to tell you. Replace Roger Goodell with Bud Selig and see if the results would be different. The NFL is good because of the leadership they have in place and always evolving. That is not done by osmosis. Sure it was the most popular league... but that gap has also widened even more in his tenure.

I never said the commissioner doesn't have a big say in the direction a league goes. What I did say is the league was already a huge success and still growing when he was handed the keys to the store. He didn't make the league succesful nor was it because of him that it's still huge.

 

That was my point. He didn't do anything that turned the league around and made a failing product succesful. It was already succesful before he ever got the job.

 

That is why I made the Ben and Jerry comparison. Ben and Jerry aren't the reason why ice cream is popular. Same reason Goodell isn't the reason the NFL is huge.

I wonder what everyone that are being so "Shocked" by the video thought had happened in the elevator. He pretty much told exactly what happened.

 

We had all seen him drag her limp and lifeless body out of the elevator, how did everyone think she got that way?

 

I thought he deserved more than two days before the video and I still do, new video didn't change anything for me except knowing when I saw it that Rice was screwed.

It is like I described in another thread. Your wife says she cheats on you, that is one thing. She says she cheats on you and you watch the video of it happening, it stirs up emotions you did not know you had.

 

There is a reason YouTube is popular. People like to see events as they transpire and then be able to make a judgement.

100% Goodell needs to be fired or resign.

 

Ray Rice, Ray MacDonald, Greg Hardy, Jerry Jones. His inaction regarding domestic violence and sexual assault is embarrassing and shouldn't be tolerated. I'd love to see NFL sponsors start calling for his head, but I doubt it happens.

 

But hey, smoke some grass and he'll lay down the hammer!!

100% Goodell needs to be fired or resign.

 

Ray Rice, Ray MacDonald, Greg Hardy, Jerry Jones. His inaction regarding domestic violence and sexual assault is embarrassing and shouldn't be tolerated. I'd love to see NFL sponsors start calling for his head, but I doubt it happens.

 

But hey, smoke some grass and he'll lay down the hammer!!

You can thank the Player's Union for that.

What a backwards world we live in. I think this is all ridiculous. Issue number 1- what did this video change? Rice was suspended for "knocking a woman out". Rice publicly said "i knocked my fiance out". Now a video of Rice "knocking a woman out" goes public and everyone is in a craze. The video did nothing but confirm what everyone already knew. Rice should have been cut and suspended indefinitely from the very beginning if he is being suspended now for the video. I do not condone anything that Rice did and I think its disgusting but does nobody else see how ridiculous the media makes things? Issue number 2- I have said this once in an earlier thread already. Why in the world is everybody in uproar now? Do some research. DV is and has been one of the most prevelant crimes for a very long time. And now that a person of celebrity status is caught doing it, its a huge issue. This is all a slap in the face to every person who has been a victim of DV in their life. Was their experience not worth this coverage? Sad that it has to take a celebrity doing something ridiculous to get people to change.

The NOW is calling for him to resign. Geez I did not even know they still existed. Thought thet dies out in the late 80's. Thanks for giving them a platform. :rolleyes:

  • Author
What a backwards world we live in. I think this is all ridiculous. Issue number 1- what did this video change? Rice was suspended for "knocking a woman out". Rice publicly said "i knocked my fiance out". Now a video of Rice "knocking a woman out" goes public and everyone is in a craze. The video did nothing but confirm what everyone already knew. Rice should have been cut and suspended indefinitely from the very beginning if he is being suspended now for the video. I do not condone anything that Rice did and I think its disgusting but does nobody else see how ridiculous the media makes things? Issue number 2- I have said this once in an earlier thread already. Why in the world is everybody in uproar now? Do some research. DV is and has been one of the most prevelant crimes for a very long time. And now that a person of celebrity status is caught doing it, its a huge issue. This is all a slap in the face to every person who has been a victim of DV in their life. Was their experience not worth this coverage? Sad that it has to take a celebrity doing something ridiculous to get people to change.

 

No question domestic violence is a long standing, complicated issue. However, Goodell had the facts and whether he admits it or now he had access to the video and he dropped the ball. Now he is caught dropping the ball and it is lie and deny. Mr. Schue got it right and I was thinking the same thing about Goodell and the NFL and all their lies:

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.