September 11, 201412 yr Post links that support your position. I'll post mine that support mine later this evening when I get to work. I only heard ears her accept blame for the incident. I never heard them say she attacked him. I onl heard her accept blame. She is a textbook case for an abused woman. The only thing they ever acknowledged publicly is that he knocked her out in the elevator. The rest of the story doesn't matter. They were both arrested and after the cops saw the video no charges were filed on her and Ray was charged with felony aggravated assault. What else needs to be said after that? That's what the whole court case was about. No charges on her and felony for him. I'm seriously not sure what part you are missing. I can't post links to tv reporting. Again, the rest of the story does matter just as my example I used about a police officer shooting someone. If he says he was provoked same as ray says he was provoked then the the penalty if any could be less severe than if the officer just shot the suspect because he was in a bad mood, or in this case Ray doing what he did unprovoked simply because he felt like it. If the story both ray and his fiancé said didn't matter, then why would she take blame for what happened if they didn't both say she provoked the attack? Makes no sense that she would apologize for something when she didn't do anything wrong or anything to provoke him. So why do you think she apologized and took some blame in the press conference they both gave?
September 11, 201412 yr I will still lean to not firing him, yet, if ever. Now if he they had the tape and saw it, then he lied then he should be. It is possible he didn't see it, even if it someone in the office did. Not saying that is likely, but possible. I know there are lots of people that will never believe anything but that he did see it. I believe an outside firm that has no ties to anyone involved investigate this, with no stones unturned, and report their findings. That is the only way in my mind to have the most valid information. If I were an owner, this is what I'd ask and then make my decision based on the findings.
September 11, 201412 yr I can't post links to tv reporting. Again, the rest of the story does matter just as my example I used about a police officer shooting someone. If he says he was provoked same as ray says he was provoked then the the penalty if any could be less severe than if the officer just shot the suspect because he was in a bad mood, or in this case Ray doing what he did unprovoked simply because he felt like it. If the story both ray and his fiancé said didn't matter, then why would she take blame for what happened if they didn't both say she provoked the attack? Makes no sense that she would apologize for something when she didn't do anything wrong or anything to provoke him. So why do you think she apologized and took some blame in the press conference they both gave? Because she is a textbook case for an abused woman. That's what abused women do. They take the blame for making their man act the way he did. That's why they stay and never leave. They feel like it is all their fault. Watching that video it's seems obvious that that wasn't his first time hitting a woman. Why she chose to stay after that is baffling but if she is going to stay after being hit like a man and knocked unconscious in a public building then her taking the blame isn't a surprise. She's a battered woman. There are reports now that a text message from another woman started the confrontation between Ray and his wife.
September 11, 201412 yr Here's one article. On June 16, Ray Rice and his wife, Janay, the woman he knocked out in an Atlantic City resort elevator, met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in his office. Four other men were present, according to Sports Illustrated's Peter King: Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome, team president Dick Cass, and NFL mucky-mucks Jeff Pash and Adolpho Birch. As it turned out, this was a critical moment for Rice's fortunes. Janay, per King, pleaded that the "incident" in the elevator was a "one-time event," that "nothing physical had happened in their relationship before or since," and that it would only "ruin Rice's image and career" for Goodell to hit him with heavy sanctions. King said it was "a moving and apparently convincing case." But should the meeting have even happened? "Even having the two of them in the room and thinking that she can speak freely in that kind of a situation is crazy," says Rene Renick, vice president of programs and emerging issues with the National Network to End Domestic Violence. "There is no way she can speak freely. And if there was any chance that she was afraid or coerced, she couldn't have said that. She would have been probably in a whole lot of danger." Also, as Renick pointed out out, what other choice did Janay Rice have? "So let's say they came to a meeting and she said, 'I'm scared to death. He hurts me all the time and I'm trapped.' Are they going to protect her?" Renick said. "It's outrageous." But the meeting did happen, as did the press conference in May where Janay sat at Rice's side while he said things like, "Sometimes in life, you will get knocked down." (During the presser, Janay apologized for the role she played that night in the elevator.) Renick called out the NFL for even letting Janay's account factor into the decision. "Ultimately, no matter what she says, it's the NFL's job to hold their players accountable and say real clearly that this is not all right," she said. "This is not OK behavior." The issue goes well beyond accountability. In the vacuum of the NFL, neither the meeting nor the press conference seems all that odd. Both are standard stations of the cross for any football player caught behaving badly. But in the psychologically fraught context of a domestic incident, these are strange things for the league not only to countenance but to encourage. Attorney advisor Viktoria Kristiansson of AEquitas, which provides resources for prosecutors in cases involving violence against women, pointed out that domestic-violence victims often wind up defending the very people who had hurt them. "Victim giving statements on behalf of the batterer, blaming herself, minimizing the culpability of the batterer—these are all common in domestic violence and also witness-intimidation dynamics," said Kristiansson, who wasn't speaking specifically about the Rice case. Renick did find one positive in all this—that so many people jumped all over the NFL and Goodell for their lax punishment. "It is heartening that we're hearing from women and men that this is outrageous. That is a heartening piece of this," Renick said. "But clearly we still have a long way to go."
September 11, 201412 yr Here is a timeline of the events. Click on the red links in the timeline and it dates all the information in the case. Without the video and without even hearing Ray's story Roger Goodell had plenty of information to make a much better decision than a 2 game suspension. That's the only point I am trying to make. I don't care if Ray and Janay went and met with Goodell and they both lied, there were plenty of facts readily available for Goodell to make a much better decision. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/5/23/5744964/ray-rice-arrest-assault-statement-apology-ravens
September 11, 201412 yr Here is a timeline of the events. Click on the red links in the timeline and it dates all the information in the case. Without the video and without even hearing Ray's story Roger Goodell had plenty of information to make a much better decision than a 2 game suspension. That's the only point I am trying to make. I don't care if Ray and Janay went and met with Goodell and they both lied, there were plenty of facts readily available for Goodell to make a much better decision. A complete timeline of the Ray Rice assault case - SBNation.com Yea, the more I think about this the more I really think the commish and the office is full of a bunch of bumbling idiots. Lets just say that you are correct and Ray told them exactly what happened. There are, as you've stated, reports that he did tell them everything. (the reason I found that hard to believe is why was she apologizing for her part when she did nothing wrong?) Anyway, lets say he told them everything and didn't lie to the commish and the NFL. Then why would 1. The commish only suspend him for 2 games, and then put out new guidelines 2 weeks ago stating that first time offenders will be suspended 6 games (Ray is a first time offender) and for second offense be suspended 1 year. 2.Then when the video makes it public he isn't suspended 6 games, he isn't even suspended 1 year, he's suspended indefinitely. IT only makes the league officials look even dumber and a bunch of bafoons.
September 11, 201412 yr Yea, the more I think about this the more I really think the commish and the office is full of a bunch of bumbling idiots. Lets just say that you are correct and Ray told them exactly what happened. There are, as you've stated, reports that he did tell them everything. (the reason I found that hard to believe is why was she apologizing for her part when she did nothing wrong?) Anyway, lets say he told them everything and didn't lie to the commish and the NFL. Then why would 1. The commish only suspend him for 2 games, and then put out new guidelines 2 weeks ago stating that first time offenders will be suspended 6 games (Ray is a first time offender) and for second offense be suspended 1 year. 2.Then when the video makes it public he isn't suspended 6 games, he isn't even suspended 1 year, he's suspended indefinitely. IT only makes the league officials look even dumber and a bunch of bafoons. I agree wholeheartedly.
September 11, 201412 yr Yea, the more I think about this the more I really think the commish and the office is full of a bunch of bumbling idiots. Lets just say that you are correct and Ray told them exactly what happened. There are, as you've stated, reports that he did tell them everything. (the reason I found that hard to believe is why was she apologizing for her part when she did nothing wrong?) Anyway, lets say he told them everything and didn't lie to the commish and the NFL. Then why would 1. The commish only suspend him for 2 games, and then put out new guidelines 2 weeks ago stating that first time offenders will be suspended 6 games (Ray is a first time offender) and for second offense be suspended 1 year. 2.Then when the video makes it public he isn't suspended 6 games, he isn't even suspended 1 year, he's suspended indefinitely. IT only makes the league officials look even dumber and a bunch of bafoons. And shady as they come.
September 11, 201412 yr Because she is a textbook case for an abused woman. That's what abused women do. They take the blame for making their man act the way he did. That's why they stay and never leave. They feel like it is all their fault. Watching that video it's seems obvious that that wasn't his first time hitting a woman. Why she chose to stay after that is baffling but if she is going to stay after being hit like a man and knocked unconscious in a public building then her taking the blame isn't a surprise. She's a battered woman. There are reports now that a text message from another woman started the confrontation between Ray and his wife. You are spot on, PP. I'll add to what you said, if I may. Battered women feel it's all their fault because that's what they are told over and over again by their abuser. When someone tells you constantly that you are a pile of :poop:, eventually you start to believe it.
September 11, 201412 yr You are spot on, PP. I'll add to what you said, if I may. Battered women feel it's all their fault because that's what they are told over and over again by their abuser. When someone tells you constantly that you are a pile of :poop:, eventually you start to believe it. Sad but true.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.