Shelby Valley 64 Paintsville 61

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to expand upon the inconsistancy in the 15th this year I was looking at Lawrence Co. They didn't make the final four of the District tournament but they beat:

Johnson Central

Shelby Valley

Belfry

Paintsville (didn't play Betsy Lane this year)

They didn't even make the 4 team District tournament but beat the top three teams left in the Regional tourny! How's that for a balanced Region!!!!! Congrats to Coach Rose by the way. He is a good friend and a good guy. Congrats to Bill Mike on the TWO District Championships too! I know they fell short of their goal in basketball but that is still a great feat!

Landon Clone is the most overrated player ever in the 15th, the kid can shoot but the refs protect him like he is Jordan, if the game is called soft he scores over 20, if not he is avg. at best.

The refs tonight weren't even from the 15th Region and don't even know Landon Slone, so you can't say that they protected him, he did have 4 fouls called on him. And he is not the most overrated player EVER in the region, that could go to a couple of other players. I do believe he had 20+ points tonight, doesn't sound overrated to me.

I agree with the first part of your post but the part about Slone being overrated is way far fetched. I agree the refs do protect him more some than other players but I'm pretty sure he has earned that right. Tonight it bwas the first time it became obivious to me. Lets remember that exactly 1 year ago today Mr. Slone dropped 50+ points on the region favorites(SV). So to say he is the most over rated player ever isnt a wise statment. I do agree that Bryant did play like he was the top 10th grader in the 15th tonight but I've seen him play around 5 times and this is the first game I've been impressed. To say anybody is overrated I would have to go with him. All we heard on here when he was in middle school was how dominate he would be once he reached the high school level and I think its been a let down thus far. Some of the games I've seen him play at times he looked like he didnt care much if he wasnt even out there but maybe thats how he plays his game with little emotion I'm not sure.

I don't think that anyone has earned the right to be "protected by the refs". I think the refs should call the game fair and square - I don't care if its Mr. Basketball or the 12th man off the bench.

The refs tonight weren't even from the 15th Region and don't even know Landon Slone, so you can't say that they protected him, he did have 4 fouls called on him. And he is not the most overrated player EVER in the region, that could go to a couple of other players. I do believe he had 20+ points tonight, doesn't sound overrated to me.

Good post gish...

Just to expand upon the inconsistancy in the 15th this year I was looking at Lawrence Co. They didn't make the final four of the District tournament but they beat:

Johnson Central

Shelby Valley

Belfry

Paintsville (didn't play Betsy Lane this year)

They didn't even make the 4 team District tournament but beat the top three teams left in the Regional tourny! How's that for a balanced Region!!!!! Congrats to Coach Rose by the way. He is a good friend and a good guy. Congrats to Bill Mike on the TWO District Championships too! I know they fell short of their goal in basketball but that is still a great feat!

This posts says it all...inconsistancy...good post and info stick1...

I agree with the first part of your post but the part about Slone being overrated is way far fetched. I agree the refs do protect him more some than other players but I'm pretty sure he has earned that right. Tonight it bwas the first time it became obivious to me. Lets remember that exactly 1 year ago today Mr. Slone dropped 50+ points on the region favorites(SV). So to say he is the most over rated player ever isnt a wise statment. I do agree that Bryant did play like he was the top 10th grader in the 15th tonight but I've seen him play around 5 times and this is the first game I've been impressed. To say anybody is overrated I would have to go with him. All we heard on here when he was in middle school was how dominate he would be once he reached the high school level and I think its been a let down thus far. Some of the games I've seen him play at times he looked like he didnt care much if he wasnt even out there but maybe thats how he plays his game with little emotion I'm not sure.

Its so obvious that you HAVE to agree hes protected but tell us how do you earn that right? How much does it cost? He was on the line every time a SV player breathed on him tonight, especially in the last half of this game. Looked like the refs were gonna give it to the BMR but SV wouldnt quit.

By the way, the 50+ he scored on SV last year was in double OT with again MUCH protection and many of the 50+ points from the charity stripe. Impresssive? I guess so.

Lets take off the blindfolds and admit the obvious. The kid is an above average player but let him earn his numbers just like everybody else is suppose to do because eventually he will have to anyhow. It will make him better in the long run.

Congrats to both teams for a thrilling contest tonight:D

It was obvious at the end of the game that they "know him", maybe not personally, but they have heard how great he is supposed to be and he had 24, I think with half coming at the FT line and most those on fouls called for him that was not called on the other end. The foul he "drew" with him coming off the screen was the worst call all night and there was some bad ones.

He should have had 5 fouls....in the 3rd, Paintsville reached every trip down the floor but I expected it to be physcial with 13th refs.

And NO SOPHMORE has earned the right to be protected by the officials, Brad Lowe yes, Landon Slone......NO!!!! Paintsville isn't very good away from home and without refs that "respect" BMR

Folks, some what if he earns his points at the free throw line...that's part of being a good player. He's able to drive to the basket and draw the contact...

He earned nothing, the post above you explains that....... contact to him was a foul, that same exact contact to other players, even Paintsville players was not fouls.