Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 61 Ashland 59

Featured Replies

I saw someone talking about a no-call foul on the last play of the game. The thread was closed shortly thereafter. What happened? I was there, Did I miss something? What Happened?

  • Replies 70
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Elliot would have hit any shots the took in the first half, this wouldnt have been a game at all in my opinion. Elliot was down 9 going into the 3rd and just wanted it more, they outplayed ashland. Speaking of Thomas getting fouled on the last play of the game, I dont think it happened, Im not even sure that he got the shot off in time. Both teams played a great game, they both played their hearts out, one of my favorite games that Ive watched this year. I do have a question though...why doesnt Thomas take more control of the game ? It almost seems to me like he's too much of a team player if that can be said, he passes up a shot in the lane that he could easily make even if someone had a hand in his face and dishes out to someone for a wide open three who misses it 70 percent of the time ? Thomas needs to realize how much he could dominate and start carrying his team to wins. In any event, this was a great game. Despite the record, I think the tomcats had a wonderful year, they over came a lot this year and they played a tough schedule. Great win for Elliot, good luck in your remaining games in the region !

I saw someone talking about a no-call foul on the last play of the game. The thread was closed shortly thereafter. What happened? I was there, Did I miss something? What Happened?

 

I think that an Elliott defender fouled the shooter on the last second desparation 3-point shot. The official appeared as if he was about to make the call and then he held both hands up signifying "game over." Some people say it didn't look like a foul to them and we all only saw it once, so who knows. I'm just happy that Elliott won.

If Elliot would have hit any shots the took in the first half, this wouldnt have been a game at all in my opinion. Elliot was down 9 going into the 3rd and just wanted it more, they outplayed ashland. Speaking of Thomas getting fouled on the last play of the game, I dont think it happened, Im not even sure that he got the shot off in time. Both teams played a great game, they both played their hearts out, one of my favorite games that Ive watched this year. I do have a question though...why doesnt Thomas take more control of the game ? It almost seems to me like he's too much of a team player if that can be said, he passes up a shot in the lane that he could easily make even if someone had a hand in his face and dishes out to someone for a wide open three who misses it 70 percent of the time ? Thomas needs to realize how much he could dominate and start carrying his team to wins. In any event, this was a great game. Despite the record, I think the tomcats had a wonderful year, they over came a lot this year and they played a tough schedule. Great win for Elliot, good luck in your remaining games in the region !

 

I will agree that the clock might have reached zero before the player got the shot off. They had 3 seconds to take it out of bounds and go the length of the court.

  • Author
I will agree that the clock might have reached zero before the player got the shot off. They had 3 seconds to take it out of bounds and go the length of the court.

 

He got it off. He shot from about mid-court. Someone earlier said that they were looking at the official, cause they thought it was a foul, and he looked like he was getting ready to call it but didn't when he saw the fans on the court. It was an Elliott fan who said this. Any takers on this revealation?

I was watching closely and there was no foul..

 

Both teams played well in the second half.:fire:

Tough loss for Ashland. However, the truth is that neither a missed foul shot nor a phantom no call beat them. Personally, I would have liked to have seen Matt Thomas shoot three foul shots at the end. I would have bet that he would have hit all three. Without his play in the district, Ashland might well have not been playing last night. Overall, with Elliott County's poor play in the first half and Ashland's nice lead in the third quarter, the game was Ashland's to win or lose and, for a number of reasons, they lost.

 

No one has pointed out that, as usual, Elliott County was led by three ninth graders. That is something for Ashland and other 16th Region teams to think about.

No one has pointed out that, as usual, Elliott County was led by three ninth graders.

 

:scared:

 

Great win for the Lions and their young team. What region is officiating these games in the 16th?

:scared:

 

Great win for the Lions and their young team. What region is officiating these games in the 16th?

16th

Congratulations to the young Lions on a great win. Here's hoping you make it all the way to Rupp. :thumb:

Congrats to Elliot Co. Big Win!!!

16th

 

Another WOW. :scared:

 

Why didn't the region trade out with another?

Another WOW. :scared:

 

Why didn't the region trade out with another?

I don't know, but Greenhill and Alderman and Hall did what I thought was a very good job last night, and I'm sure that somewhere I'll get a snipe on the no-call at the end on the desparation 3 by Matt. But overall, I thought it was consistent and fair throughout.:thumb:

Another WOW. :scared:

 

Why didn't the region trade out with another?

Because the coaches in the 16th prefer to stay with their own officials...It is by their request...The top officials in the 16th are as good as any other region in the state...

Because the coaches in the 16th prefer to stay with their own officials...It is by their request...The top officials in the 16th are as good as any other region in the state...

 

As long as they can deal with the controversy, then that's all right I guess.

 

I wasn't at this game last night, I was just wondering about the officials in general. I will say this though, if it was a good "no call" then fine. However, if there should've been a foul, why don't officials call the game the same throughout despite what the clock may say?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.