Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield/McCracken County Predictions

Mayfield vs. McCracken County 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Mayfield vs. McCracken County

    • Mayfield
      40%
    • McCracken County
      60%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

McCracken has the most upside of any school in far WKY in just about all sports. I believe we can be competitive with them in football in the near future especially after this season when our younger players get seasoned.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome all you new posters. Thrilled to get some more input on the Western part of the state schools. Love reading bout them and their players. I picked Mayfield in the contest .....just because everyone else was picking McCracken.....:lol2: Look forward to update and final score threads and your insight into the game.

 

Thank you for encouraging new posters. I agree we need more input from West Ky, so I'll try to do my part. I'm also a long time follower of BGP.

 

I'm taking McCracken in a game that will be closer than it should.

I think if Mayfield can avoid a shootout by controlling the clock and limiting the big plays we will see an outstanding game. McCracken needs to show they can move the ball methodically before I buy into the 2 or 3 TD predictions I've seen. I don't think they can without establishing a run game, and doubt they will do so against Mayfield. Against PT the major difference was four plays. The 90 yd kick return by R. Jones, Holland fumble recovery TD, and two redzone picks by Alexander. Statistics showed yardage as even. Good luck to all players and let's enjoy an exciting Friday night.

 

My take on the teams:

 

First, don't underestimate Mayfield as being "down". Just because the names are not known to most doesn't mean the talent won't be there.

The O-line graduated experience yes, but it's a system at Mayfield and the next kid/s steps up - they always do. As for the backfield, they are quicker, deeper, and more diverse with turnover potential the only concern compared to trusty Mills from last season. We all know the young QB will not compare to Guhy nor should he at this point, but the kid throws a catchable ball and seems to fall under the same mold as previous young Mayfield QB's. I hear the receivers are young and fast but I can't comment on how they run routes or their hands.

The defense will be great against the run and the secondary may be the only weakness until they gain more experience. The kicker has a booming leg, and honestly think 45-50yds is not out of reach. Kickoffs will be touchbacks each time. They should have plenty of options in the return game.

 

McCracken's strength is obviously the speed, athleticism, and experience on the offensive side. The running game needs to improve to maintain balance. Shaikh, Purdom, and Moreland are very good on the line but depth is a problem. To show the Mustangs true potential the coaches need to find a way to get all their weapons involved and expand the playbook. R. Jones, Alexander, Macklin, Seitzinger, Hughes, D. Jones, Q. Jones, Womack, Hicks, C. Jones, Isenberg, Daniel, and Fike. The receiving core could be as good as any in the state. Would be interesting to see Womack, Hicks, and/or Daniel in TE sets.

The defense may be a bit overlooked. Again, depth at the line is a concern and playing both ways could take it's toll over the season. When fresh and healthy they are more than capable especially with the addition of transfer J. Phill at NT. The linebackers are a tough, athletic, and experienced crew led by R. Jones, Harris, Hamby, and Holland. Depth shouldn't be a problem having Hicks, Daniel, Mathis, Bell, and Williams seeing action. The secondary also has plenty of speed, athleticism, and experience. Womack is back after sitting out last season (started as a Fr and So at Lone Oak). He will only add to an already outstanding group of Alexander, Hughes, Seitzinger, Macklin, Eads, and Isenberg. Not too many players will outrun these guys and they should have several INT's. At times the tackling can become suspect. Depth is good with plenty of quality Sophomore to fill in at times of need.

Kick/Punt return is outstanding with R. Jones, Hughes, and Macklin as threats to take it back every time they get their hands on the ball. The rest of special teams is still a work in progress. Hartig takes over at kicker and will give a big improvement in the kicking game. PAT's should be solid with a few more FG opportunities. Very few, if any, touchbacks will be a disadvantage. No developed punter, so Womack will be called on for the rugby style punt.

Hey everybody, I've been reading threads on here for years. Finally decided to get in on the action..........as for the game this week, I really think our youth and weak areas will be exposed early and often. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we have a few areas that are going to take 7 or 8 games to get the kinks worked out. In my opinion, a 3 td game is likely. If we hang our heads and give up, it will be a snowball effect and get ugly. That being said........this is a great game for us to be playing early. It gives the coaches and players a great idea of what needs to be improved, or maybe even replaced, to continue to develop this team. Also, the young rb's are gonna be really, really good!

 

I've never seen a Mayfield team hang their heads and give up. Not expecting that to change.

Jones for McCracken named the area Bio-Kinetics POW

Hope he is not up for winning that 2 weeks in a row

Not sure where you got that conclusion. McCracken beat four 6A schools and two 5A schools in their first year. In addition they beat a large Dyer Co. Tennessee school that would qualify as 6A.

They lost their last game to a 6A school after their two best defensive lineman were injured. Next time back up your conclusion with facts!

 

The fact is, I said consistently. One year doesnt make consistently.

 

I mean no disrespect, but the "one year" response makes on sense. You said they

"can't" consistently beat bigger schools. That's quite different from saying they "haven't" because they've only been around one year. For that 1 year they certainly did beat large schools on a regular basis. Are you suggesting that Mayfield not play a potential, natural rival because they are newly consolidated? That deprives both programs of a fine regional match up. Having said that, I appreciate the debate!

The defense may be a bit overlooked. Again, depth at the line is a concern and playing both ways could take it's toll over the season. When fresh and healthy they are more than capable especially with the addition of transfer J. Phill at NT. The linebackers are a tough, athletic, and experienced crew led by R. Jones, Harris, Hamby, and Holland. Depth shouldn't be a problem having Hicks, Daniel, Mathis, Bell, and Williams seeing action. The secondary also has plenty of speed, athleticism, and experience. Womack is back after sitting out last season (started as a Fr and So at Lone Oak). He will only add to an already outstanding group of Alexander, Hughes, Seitzinger, Macklin, Eads, and Isenberg. Not too many players will outrun these guys and they should have several INT's. At times the tackling can become suspect. Depth is good with plenty of quality Sophomore to fill in at times of need.

Kick/Punt return is outstanding with R. Jones, Hughes, and Macklin as threats to take it back every time they get their hands on the ball. The rest of special teams is still a work in progress. Hartig takes over at kicker and will give a big improvement in the kicking game. PAT's should be solid with a few more FG opportunities. Very few, if any, touchbacks will be a disadvantage. No developed punter, so Womack will be called on for the rugby style punt.

 

 

Well crafted post! You understand these squads very well. McCracken's defense will have to make sure they tackle properly. There were a couple of breakdowns early against PT last week, and Mayfield can certainly make them pay for missed tackles. The Phill kid is a great additon but he is a little slow. The linebackers and DB's should cover any slow reactions by the line.

McCraken county is the real deal. I hope they get out of the first round of the playoffs this year which would make a statement since they have the super district this year. I was also hoping Henderson would have a shot to get out of the first round, they have had some upsets in the playoffs in the first two rounds it was the finals where they got beat three years in a roll, but Henderson right now looks like they will have a problem just keeping a playoff game out of the running clock area. And i'm glad their are more western ky people on here too!!!

Prediction Thread is 28-19 McCracken over Mayfield

On the Pick 10 Thread it is 29-11 McCracken over Mayfield

  • Author
Prediction Thread is 28-19 McCracken over Mayfield

On the Pick 10 Thread it is 29-11 McCracken over Mayfield

 

And I picked McCracken in both.

 

For you fairly new folks, that is the kiss of death for McCracken County.

I agree redleg. No reason the quality teams from West Ky shouldn't play each other. It strengthens the schedules, gives recognition statewide, validates and improves the teams, and provides great entertaining games. Not to mention the revenue brought in to both programs as well as local business. Considering Mayfield ranks in the top 25 (all classes) many years, I have doubts we will ever see a McCracken team that is too advanced for Mayfield. There's really only 4 or 5 programs statewide that could claim that.

I agree, we did have a couple of non-typical mayfield teams around 07 that had a problem with this though. I don't compare this group to that one at all. I just say that because nobody really knows how this group will deal with adversity. That's when we will find out who the leaders are. (Just hopefully not this week. On another note, there was a couple VERY confident mustang mothers that sat in front of us last Friday. They had no problem telling us we were gonna lose the next game! Gotta love it!:lol2:

That was a reply to glorydays, haven't figured this out yet!

I agree, we did have a couple of non-typical mayfield teams around 07 that had a problem with this though. I don't compare this group to that one at all. I just say that because nobody really knows how this group will deal with adversity. That's when we will find out who the leaders are. (Just hopefully not this week. On another note, there was a couple VERY confident mustang mothers that sat in front of us last Friday. They had no problem telling us we were gonna lose the next game! Gotta love it!:lol2:

 

Only moms can pull that stuff off.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.