Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield/McCracken County Predictions

Mayfield vs. McCracken County 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Mayfield vs. McCracken County

    • Mayfield
      40%
    • McCracken County
      60%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I watched the first half of the Tilghman/McCracken game and from what I saw Tilghman did like they always do and killed themselves, some of that you can blame on implementing a new system but a ton of offsides and other penalties. Mayfield did not make those kind of mistakes in the first game against Fort Campbell and I don't expect it to happen this week either. McCracken gave up a lot of yards on the run so I expect Mayfield to exploit that just to keep the ball out of McCracken's hands. If Mayfield can play ball control and mix in the pass to keep the defense honest, I say Mayfield has a good shot at pulling it out. I don't like our chances if we get into a scoring contest. I think the Mayfield Defense is ahead of the offense at this point but you can't depend on it for a whole game, they have to come off the field and get a rest.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special Teams mainly the kicking of Herndon will play a big part. Jones cant run back a ball in the end zone.

McCracken 37 Mayfield 31

Hey everybody, I've been reading threads on here for years. Finally decided to get in on the action..........as for the game this week, I really think our youth and weak areas will be exposed early and often. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we have a few areas that are going to take 7 or 8 games to get the kinks worked out. In my opinion, a 3 td game is likely. If we hang our heads and give up, it will be a snowball effect and get ugly. That being said........this is a great game for us to be playing early. It gives the coaches and players a great idea of what needs to be improved, or maybe even replaced, to continue to develop this team. Also, the young rb's are gonna be really, really good!

Welcome all you new posters. Thrilled to get some more input on the Western part of the state schools. Love reading bout them and their players. I picked Mayfield in the contest .....just because everyone else was picking McCracken.....:lol2: Look forward to update and final score threads and your insight into the game.

  • Author
Thrilled to get some more input on the Western part of the state schools.

 

Ditto. You folks keep bringing this info. Two schools that are so strong deserve the recognition & discussion. This is a great thread! :thumb:

Hey everybody, I've been reading threads on here for years. Finally decided to get in on the action..........as for the game this week, I really think our youth and weak areas will be exposed early and often. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we have a few areas that are going to take 7 or 8 games to get the kinks worked out. In my opinion, a 3 td game is likely. If we hang our heads and give up, it will be a snowball effect and get ugly. That being said........this is a great game for us to be playing early. It gives the coaches and players a great idea of what needs to be improved, or maybe even replaced, to continue to develop this team. Also, the young rb's are gonna be really, really good!

 

I pretty much agree but I do have a glimmer of hope.

I watched the first half of the Tilghman/McCracken game and from what I saw Tilghman did like they always do and killed themselves, some of that you can blame on implementing a new system but a ton of offsides and other penalties. Mayfield did not make those kind of mistakes in the first game against Fort Campbell and I don't expect it to happen this week either. McCracken gave up a lot of yards on the run so I expect Mayfield to exploit that just to keep the ball out of McCracken's hands. If Mayfield can play ball control and mix in the pass to keep the defense honest, I say Mayfield has a good shot at pulling it out. I don't like our chances if we get into a scoring contest. I think the Mayfield Defense is ahead of the offense at this point but you can't depend on it for a whole game, they have to come off the field and get a rest.

 

Your point about McCracken's defense in the 1st half is well taken. At halftime the Mustangs adjusted and shut PT down. It seemed to me McCracken had some 1st game jitters on defense in the first half. I will never count out a Mayfield squad against anyone. They are more than capable of winning Friday night. But if McCracken plays defense for 4 quarters like they did in the 2nd half against Tilghman, Mayfield could be in for a long night. Good luck to both schools!!!:thumb:

I clearly have more faith in this team than do most other Cardinal fans posting here. Joe Morris is twice the coach that Jack Haskins is and that counts for quite a bit. If they win it will be because they are able to simply put more athletes on the field than Mayfield, because of course, they have as many students as West Ky tecnical college. But for most teams around here, beating 1A Mayfield has turned into their State Championship because thats as close as most will ever get, a chance to play a team that has actually spent time in Bowling Green.

 

I wouldnt renew this series if I was Coach Morris. i would make McCracken earn a reputation beating larger schools consistently which they cant do.

I wouldnt renew this series if I was Coach Morris. i would make McCracken earn a reputation beating larger schools consistently which they cant do.

 

Not sure where you got that conclusion. McCracken beat four 6A schools and two 5A schools in their first year. In addition they beat a large Dyer Co. Tennessee school that would qualify as 6A.

They lost their last game to a 6A school after their two best defensive lineman were injured. Next time back up your conclusion with facts!

I clearly have more faith in this team than do most other Cardinal fans posting here. Joe Morris is twice the coach that Jack Haskins is and that counts for quite a bit. If they win it will be because they are able to simply put more athletes on the field than Mayfield, because of course, they have as many students as West Ky tecnical college. But for most teams around here, beating 1A Mayfield has turned into their State Championship because thats as close as most will ever get, a chance to play a team that has actually spent time in Bowling Green.

 

I wouldnt renew this series if I was Coach Morris. i would make McCracken earn a reputation beating larger schools consistently which they cant do.

 

I know and believe Coach Morris is a tremendous coach, but when was the last time Haskins' had better athletes than Morris??? This year is probably the first. On average, Mayfield has more athletes than any team in the 1st Region 1A-6A, other than maybe PT.

I wouldnt renew this series if I was Coach Morris. i would make McCracken earn a reputation beating larger schools consistently which they cant do.

 

Not sure where you got that conclusion. McCracken beat four 6A schools and two 5A schools in their first year. In addition they beat a large Dyer Co. Tennessee school that would qualify as 6A.

They lost their last game to a 6A school after their two best defensive lineman were injured. Next time back up your conclusion with facts!

 

The fact is, I said consistently. One year doesnt make consistently.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 4

I really have to pick the Mustangs this year.

Although the coaching edge goes to Mayfield, McCracken clearly has the edge in athletes this year.

I will say after scouting the PT game that Mayfield will be able to make a few adjustments to keep it a bit closer, but Mc Cracken will pull away late.

A couple of key points for Mayfield to stay close in the game is that they must put pressure up front on Hughes, when he has plenty of time to work he is going to connect cleanly with Jones and then its off to the races. If Mayfield can disrupt that combo for just a second, then they will have a better chance of disrupting their biggest threat.

Another thing is that PT bit on almost every time was the jailbreak screen. Haskins loves to run that and if your linebackers don't stay home, they will eat you up on it.

Jones is a incredible athlete and he will get a certain amount on his own regardless, so Mayfield must be disruptive to keep it in check.

 

MC 49

Mayfield 34

Not sure where you got that conclusion. McCracken beat four 6A schools and two 5A schools in their first year. In addition they beat a large Dyer Co. Tennessee school that would qualify as 6A.

They lost their last game to a 6A school after their two best defensive lineman were injured. Next time back up your conclusion with facts!

 

The fact is, I said consistently. One year doesnt make consistently.

Edited by MCMustangs

McCracken hemorrhages more players than any school I have heard of in recent years. Something causes these kids to leave...maybe the draw of a chance of a ring...more playing time...differences with coaches...etc. If these kids would stay, then McCracken would compete in 6A.

 

I am sure the current players at McCracken will be shocked to learn they are originally from Tennessee and Illinois. Never mind the fact, I have followed these kids up through McCracken middle school systems. Yes, there have been two notable transfers, but that falls far short of the "out of state" team that is being insinuated.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.