Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield/McCracken County Predictions

Mayfield vs. McCracken County 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Mayfield vs. McCracken County

    • Mayfield
      40%
    • McCracken County
      60%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Don't think the cards can stop the mustangs this year. Not good enough on either side of the ball. It will expose our offensive line and defensive secondary to the max. Mustangs win by 3 touchdowns.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the cards can stop the mustangs this year. Not good enough on either side of the ball. It will expose our offensive line and defensive secondary to the max. Mustangs win by 3 touchdowns.

 

Disagree. I think this is a much better game than that. Ye of so little faith??:idunno:

 

Still though, nowhere else in the state but where Mayfield is involved does a 1A V 6A get so much attention an analysis.

Don't think the cards can stop the mustangs this year. Not good enough on either side of the ball. It will expose our offensive line and defensive secondary to the max. Mustangs win by 3 touchdowns.

You didn't have much faith last year.....eventually you will be right...lol

Mayfield always been the cream in the far West along with Tilghman but the merger has brought a new player to this area and they will be dominant. Already took care of Tilghman and Mayfield is next. Any thoughts?

 

 

Oops, new poster, did not realize there was already a thread. Anyway, Jack takes care of business. Not much success with Mayfield while at Lone Oak but this is different.

Mayfield always been the cream in the far West along with Tilghman but the merger has brought a new player to this area and they will be dominant. Already took care of Tilghman and Mayfield is next. Any thoughts?

 

Lots of them Emmitt. Welcome aboard!

Mayfield always been the cream in the far West along with Tilghman but the merger has brought a new player to this area and they will be dominant. Already took care of Tilghman and Mayfield is next. Any thoughts?

I agree, they will be dominant but not always, Mayfield is just retooling and I look for PT to start getting better with Rogers on board.

I agree, they will be dominant but not always, Mayfield is just retooling and I look for PT to start getting better with Rogers on board.

 

I too like Coach Rogers. He has been very successful and bad luck had he and the Dragons in the district with BG. I feel he will be successful at Tilghman but this will be a tough year starting out. I think he goes 0-6 or 1-5 and then if healthly might run the table.

Mayfield always been the cream in the far West along with Tilghman but the merger has brought a new player to this area and they will be dominant. Already took care of Tilghman and Mayfield is next. Any thoughts?

 

Anyway, Jack takes care of business. Not much success with Mayfield while at Lone Oak but this is different.

 

My advice is get the Cards while you can, they are reloading. McCracken will be a dominant force out west but since the invention of the game the Cards have and will continue to win their fair share with the Mustangs and everyone else.

 

While this is a uphill battle for this young Cards team, Mayfield has a way of using that "Mayfield Magic", that somehow more often than not has seen a overmatched and outmanned Cards squad find a way to prevail against much bigger foes and everyone knows it from McCracken so I am sure the Mustangs feel confident but nervous. That said, I don't think Mf has to win the game to leave a winner. If the Cards can win or keep it fairly close that should be a good omen of things to come. For Mc I think they have to win and need to in a convincing fashion.

Snake I just voiced my opinion, I hope I'm wrong and will admit it if I am. I don't know if the mustangs are better this year compared to last year, but MAFIELD is DEFINATELY not as good this year. Call it little faith as another poster did or whatever, but we are not as strong. I still believe we are going to be in the hunt for the class A title, but I don't think even the cardinal glasses can blur the picture enough for us to think we can beat the mustangs. I hope I eat crow Saturday, I'll enjoy every bite!

Mayfield always been the cream in the far West along with Tilghman but the merger has brought a new player to this area and they will be dominant. Already took care of Tilghman and Mayfield is next. Any thoughts?

 

 

Oops, new poster, did not realize there was already a thread. Anyway, Jack takes care of business. Not much success with Mayfield while at Lone Oak but this is different.

 

I agree that the merger has "brought new players (plural)' to the area...As long as Haskins keeps getting kids from Massac Co, Tennessee etc etc then they will stay tough. McCracken Co cant put out enough athletes on its own to be competitave in 6A, it has got to have the transfers from out of state or the city.

Snake I just voiced my opinion, I hope I'm wrong and will admit it if I am. I don't know if the mustangs are better this year compared to last year, but MAFIELD is DEFINATELY not as good this year. Call it little faith as another poster did or whatever, but we are not as strong. I still believe we are going to be in the hunt for the class A title, but I don't think even the cardinal glasses can blur the picture enough for us to think we can beat the mustangs. I hope I eat crow Saturday, I'll enjoy every bite!

 

Same was said when Jonathan Jackson left Mayfield, we clearly "werent as good" that next year either without him but were one touchdown away from a pefect 15-0 last year and State Champs and Im not sure that determination can be made off one game especially not a 45-0 win....Just saying....

Snake I just voiced my opinion, I hope I'm wrong and will admit it if I am. I don't know if the mustangs are better this year compared to last year, but MAFIELD is DEFINATELY not as good this year. Call it little faith as another poster did or whatever, but we are not as strong. I still believe we are going to be in the hunt for the class A title, but I don't think even the cardinal glasses can blur the picture enough for us to think we can beat the mustangs. I hope I eat crow Saturday, I'll enjoy every bite!

 

I know it's your opinion and we are not as good as last year at this point and we may not be as good at the end but we could win the 1A title anyway. This game in most ways doesn't matter if we win, it matters most if we compete. I believe we can compete with them if we limit our turnovers and penalties. Just think back when Mayfield would play PT when they were loaded with athletes like Kurt Barber and Randy Wyatt, we had no business beating them some of the time...but we did.

I know it's your opinion and we are not as good as last year at this point and we may not be as good at the end but we could win the 1A title anyway. This game in most ways doesn't matter if we win, it matters most if we compete. I believe we can compete with them if we limit our turnovers and penalties. Just think back when Mayfield would play PT when they were loaded with athletes like Kurt Barber and Randy Wyatt, we had no business beating them some of the time...but we did.

 

I can also think of a game where Wyatt just had to call Josh Forrest number on the last play of the game and Mayfield goes down at home. He didnt and Mayfield won...we shouldnt have.

Greetings to all BGP users. I am new to the forum and have been reading the replies from everyone and now would like to throw in my 2 cents worth.

 

I have to say after watching both teams play that this will be a full 4 qtrs of football. A battle for both teams. I am the newest Mayfield Cardinal in the program and have to say that i have always respected the Cards program for many years. I always wondered what the chemistry was that made this small town, odd ball program such a success. But now am finding out. You could say that i have drink the Kool-Aid.

Even back in the day when we had to play Mayfield. They would block, tackle, and execute every play perfectly. It is truly a special place to experience what Pride and Tradition is all about.

 

Therefore, I am taking the Cards in this game just due to the fact that these boys do not know the meaning of lose. Nor is it in their vocabulary.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.