Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This Video Is Why the People In Ferguson Don't Care What the Police Report Says

Featured Replies

In the end it doesn't matter. People should have waited patiently for the facts regardless.

 

But they aren't going to. This is not the old days of Walter Cronkite. News, innuendo and instant video rule the day. If the police don't see that then it's time to get into the 21st century and realize how important it is.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a perfect world people will wait for the other side of the story. "Facts" are subjective. We are far from a utopia.

 

The investigators will have many facts, that they can prove. They will also have the other side of the story.

But they aren't going to. This is not the old days of Walter Cronkite. News, innuendo and instant video rule the day. If the police don't see that then it's time to get into the 21st century and realize how important it is.

 

You can't be pressured to try a case in the media. I'm not saying they shouldn't have released some information, but if their policy is to wait then that's their policy. Heck, they were told by the DOJ not to release the video of the robbery. Is it not possible they were told by the St. Louis county prosecutor not to release any further information regarding the case?

 

You have to realize they have an investigation to complete. Releasing key details could possibly alter what a witness saw. Some people see things on the news and then forget exactly what they saw happen live, and what they heard on TV.

Don't know. Don't care. I am only focusing on trying to explain why the black community doesn't trust the police.

 

Because they know too many people that break the law.

 

You know who doesn't trust the police, non-law abiding citizens. Well, and Deuce.

 

I know plenty of white people that don't trust the police. Guess what type of people they are?

You can't be pressured to try a case in the media. I'm not saying they shouldn't have released some information, but if their policy is to wait then that's their policy. Heck, they were told by the DOJ not to release the video of the robbery. Is it not possible they were told by the St. Louis county prosecutor not to release any further information regarding the case?

 

You have to realize they have an investigation to complete. Releasing key details could possibly alter what a witness saw. Some people see things on the news and then forget exactly what they saw happen live, and what they heard on TV.

 

 

I realize the difference between the Official Investigation and the media releases. But a "taste" is all that was required. As I mentioned, it does not compromise their case to release the medical information of the officer's injuries in a way that allows others to see the struggle that took place.

 

Again, I go back to releasing the necessary pieces that allow others to see that there is a second interpretation to these events.

The investigators will have many facts, that they can prove. They will also have the other side of the story.

 

I agree. Well, I hope anyways. Either way we haven't gotten to that point yet. All we have is hearsay and dozens of witnesses. I thought I saw something saying a new witness came forward today but haven't caught what this witness is saying.

Because they know too many people that break the law.

 

You know who doesn't trust the police, non-law abiding citizens. Well, and Deuce.

 

I know plenty of white people that don't trust the police. Guess what type of people they are?

 

I should have said, I am only trying to explain why the black community doesn't trust the police based on the video of the knife wielding, suicidal man that was shot.

I should have said, I am only trying to explain why the black community doesn't trust the police based on the video of the knife wielding, suicidal man that was shot.

 

I guess that is what this thread is about.....

I realize the difference between the Official Investigation and the media releases. But a "taste" is all that was required. As I mentioned, it does not compromise their case to release the medical information of the officer's injuries in a way that allows others to see the struggle that took place.

 

Again, I go back to releasing the necessary pieces that allow others to see that there is a second interpretation to these events.

 

I'm not sure why the locals didn't release anything, but the FBI didn't either. Maybe they had a reason...I don't know. I'm certain that we've covered it though :lol2:

I guess that is what this thread is about.....

 

I forget what thread I'm in at this point. :ohbrother:

I forget what thread I'm in at this point. :ohbrother:

 

Right. I'm just going to start cussing PP92 in all threads so I don't get confused.

Yes. I know this and I am totally aware of this. In order for you to be open minded you have to understand why the black community doesn't trust the police and if my explanation doesn't do that for you then nothing will and it is no longer and open minded discussion. I understand and agree with almost everything you have said. That's me being open minded. I have yet to see you or Mitch Rapp be open minded.

 

How am I not being open minded. I understand why the black community doesn't trust the police. I understand why many whites, Asians, Latinos, etc. don't trust the police. I think some of it is misplaced. Not all cops are like the Rodney King cops.

 

The thing I feel is being missed here is that NOTHING points to this being race related.

How am I not being open minded. I understand why the black community doesn't trust the police. I understand why many whites, Asians, Latinos, etc. don't trust the police. I think some of it is misplaced. Not all cops are like the Rodney King cops.

 

The thing I feel is being missed here is that NOTHING points to this being race related.

 

Okay.

Although I'm sure that the first several shots would have been fatal, and from what I've seen the officers were completely in shooting the suspect, didn't it seem like they kept shooting well after he was on the ground. I know they are trained to shoot to stop the threat but it looked like he already down. Adrenaline?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.