Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Somerset suspend several players on the football team?

Featured Replies

I'm no mod, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and it's always been fair game if they are of legal age. With that said, I hope we never get to the place where we are dragging teenage kids thru the muck of a discussion without knowing the facts of a situation. We do that enough with adults.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I'm no mod, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and it's always been fair game if they are of legal age. With that said, I hope we never get to the place where we are dragging teenage kids thru the muck of a discussion without knowing the facts of a situation. We do that enough with adults.

 

From what I understand there was a pretty serious violation of team rules on campus and multiple players are being suspended for multiple games.

Well, that depends. How old are the students? If they are under 18, shut it down; otherwise, they are fair game, right?!
This is my understanding
From what I understand there was a pretty serious violation of team rules on campus and multiple players are being suspended for multiple games.

 

Yes, the only issue now is if any of the penalties are going to be reduced upon appeal to the school board. I don't see any way they don't face some sort of suspension, but I could see it being reduced.

 

This will have a MAJOR effect on the field.

This is my understanding

 

I haven't heard that anyone has been charged with a crime though, have you?

I haven't heard that anyone has been charged with a crime though, have you?

 

No, I haven't.

Unfortunate that this would happen as the players are gearing up for the season. Poor decisions by some will have an affect on a lot of people.

Is it true that parents of the suspended players have retained legal counsel?

  • Author
Is it true that parents of the suspended players have retained legal counsel?

 

That is what I was told originally but I don't have anything new to go on.

 

I would need to know some more facts before speculating further but let's just say if I was Somerset I would put these players, their parents, and whatever lawyer in their places real quick like.

 

I'm guessing that it was tobacco's whacky cousin.

Wow! back when MTV actually played videos!

Well, when my son was playing HS ball, if you were caught using an illegal substance on campus or not, you forfeited that year of ball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.