Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Somerset suspend several players on the football team?

Featured Replies

Only illegal if below a certain age.

 

Not illegal at all.

 

Pot is illegal at all times in the state of KY.

 

Okay, but if they use the items that are illegal below a certain age, how does that make it any different than using something that is illegal all the time? IT IS STILL ILLEGAL.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do not know the circumstances or with certainty of what happened. The school will and cannot tell us that. I trust the school investigated, treated this as they would any other similar situation. The kids have consequences, so I am ok with their decision, not that it really matters if I am. Very little is cut and dry in these things, it seems fair to me on the surface.

About 10 years ago when 4 or 5 of my high school classmates were members of the Northern Kentucky Drug Task Force I let them know of a kid on my street that was selling "wacky backy", all kinds of traffic in and out of the house and "strange" characters coming and going. About 2 months after doing nighttime pickups of his trash and watching "questionable" activity at his house the "hammer" fell.

 

One day I get a call from my wife saying she watched 3 white vans pull up and guys with guns drawn fall upon his house......needless to say all the traffic going in and out of this house stopped and young man got locked up for a a week or two plus a year of probation. To this day the family has no idea I let the "cat out of the bag". However problem solved.

 

Well, Let's hope they don't post here or read this site. lol

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

 

Ummmm...you are kidding, right?:idunno:

 

nope!!! :D

 

Then I must say Buddy, that we have far different views. Personally, I have never smoked pot...I don't know what the number of others on here is that could say the same, but I'm sure I'm not alone. Of those that have partaken, I'd be quite sure to say no where near half did so at school, much less half the people on this board. Now, you may have been using hyperbole when you posted that original post, but I'm reacting to the comment on it's face value.

We do not know the circumstances or with certainty of what happened. The school will and cannot tell us that. I trust the school investigated, treated this as they would any other similar situation. The kids have consequences, so I am ok with their decision, not that it really matters if I am. Very little is cut and dry in these things, it seems fair to me on the surface.

 

 

I know what happened and it is very cut and dry. Kids are lucky they didn't get kicked out of school entirely.

I know what happened and it is very cut and dry. Kids are lucky they didn't get kicked out of school entirely.

 

A couple of things are cut and dried but the biggest thing is still in dispute as far as I know. But they were suspended so I'm fine with it.

A couple of things are cut and dried but the biggest thing is still in dispute as far as I know. But they were suspended so I'm fine with it.

 

Ditto.

A couple of things are cut and dried but the biggest thing is still in dispute as far as I know. But they were suspended so I'm fine with it.

 

The suspension has been reduced to the scrimmage and one quarter of the first game.

The suspension has been reduced to the scrimmage and one quarter of the first game.

 

Did evidence come out that resulted in lessening the punishment, or was the whole thing an overreaction to start with? Or, is Somerset dropping the ball on this one and letting the kids off?

The suspension has been reduced to the scrimmage and one quarter of the first game.

Hmmm interesting!

The suspension has been reduced to the scrimmage and one quarter of the first game.

 

Which quarter? :D

Did evidence come out that resulted in lessening the punishment, or was the whole thing an overreaction to start with? Or, is Somerset dropping the ball on this one and letting the kids off?

 

I can't imagine what evidence they would have to discount the evidence I was told they had already. :idunno:

Did evidence come out that resulted in lessening the punishment, or was the whole thing an overreaction to start with? Or, is Somerset dropping the ball on this one and letting the kids off?

 

From what I understand they had received quite a bit more punishment than just a suspension from games and they had complied with all of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.