Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Somerset suspend several players on the football team?

Featured Replies

I personally don't have any more of an issue w/ pot than I do with tobacco. I think both are terrible if you are going to be an athlete. That said, doing it in school, or on school grounds makes you a moron and you deserve whatever punishment you get. People don't do it on school grounds b/c they don't know better. They do it for the thrill of the risk of being caught. Welp...

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 kids were busted on the steps of NCC 2 years ago smoking pot and were promptly kicked out of school for the rest of the school year as well as the following year. One has re-enrolled at NCC this year; the rest go to other high schools in the area now. Lesson learned, I hope!

I think the fact that they were caught on a "Trail Cam" left in the press box and not live is why they may have been suspended and not expelled. They aren't sure what exactly they had...boys say one thing and school says something else, but can't be 100% sure based on "Trail Cam" photos.

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention.

 

I personally don't have any more of an issue w/ pot than I do with tobacco. I think both are terrible if you are going to be an athlete. That said, doing it in school, or on school grounds makes you a moron and you deserve whatever punishment you get. People don't do it on school grounds b/c they don't know better. They do it for the thrill of the risk of being caught. Welp...

 

Yeah, what Mex said.

I personally don't have any more of an issue w/ pot than I do with tobacco. I think both are terrible if you are going to be an athlete. That said, doing it in school, or on school grounds makes you a moron and you deserve whatever punishment you get. People don't do it on school grounds b/c they don't know better. They do it for the thrill of the risk of being caught. Welp...

 

What about at a school function that is off campus?

We definitely didn't run together. I know quite a few people that smoked but none were dumb enough to do it IN school.

 

It's almost like you're justifying it. I sincerely hope not.

 

I am absolutely not justifying it what so ever. I am simply not going to judge CHILDREN for a mistake they made. Kids that I know nothing about besides this one instance. I am not saying it is right at all. But people mess up. Learn from it and move on.

You can't promise something that you know absolutely nothing about.

 

I can't? Hmm. Alright sir.

I am not condoning the behavior. I simply think that this behavior shouldnt be treated any different than a kid getting caught dipping, smoking tobacco, misbehaving in class, having bad grades, getting caught drinking, etc. etc. You're all freaking out over something that is a lot more common these days.

It's sad that the parents haven't already put their children in their places real quick. I know my dad would have. Not playing sports would have been the least of my worries.

 

 

I agree with OlDog75. Ban them for the year.

 

That's a little extreme.

That's a little extreme.
If they were just smoking cigars I agree, but if it was more than just cigars or cigs I disagree.
It's sad that the parents haven't already put their children in their places real quick. I know my dad would have. Not playing sports would have been the least of my worries.

I don't know that they haven't, the attorney may have been consulted by one of the parents I was told. I have no idea how the others are treating this.
What about at a school function that is off campus?

 

Same thing. Anything where you represent your school, you are under school's disciplinary guidelines.

I am not condoning the behavior. I simply think that this behavior shouldnt be treated any different than a kid getting caught dipping, smoking tobacco, misbehaving in class, having bad grades, getting caught drinking, etc. etc. You're all freaking out over something that is a lot more common these days.

 

Only illegal if below a certain age.

 

Not illegal at all.

 

Pot is illegal at all times in the state of KY.

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

 

Ummmm...you are kidding, right?:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.