Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Somerset suspend several players on the football team?

Featured Replies

Well, when my son was playing HS ball, if you were caught using an illegal substance on campus or not, you forfeited that year of ball.

I know a coach that walked up on a car load of his players using an illegal substance, he told them to not do it in the parking lot.

 

I'm glad if warranted that Somerset is handing out suspensions and would hope the Coach has some special love for the players in practice.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know a coach that walked up on a car load of his players using an illegal substance, he told them to not do it in the parking lot.

 

I'm glad if warranted that Somerset is handing out suspensions and would hope the Coach has some special love for the players in practice.

 

It is a crime as an adult to knowingly condone the use any type of illegal substance by a minor. Telling them to just not do it in the parking lot is telling them its ok, just not here. Does anyone have a problem with that except for me?

It is a crime as an adult to knowingly condone the use any type of illegal substance by a minor. Telling them to just not do it in the parking lot is telling them its ok, just not here. Does anyone have a problem with that except for me?

 

I had huge problem with it, but since it was a rival school everyone would say that I am biased against them.

I had huge problem with it, but since it was a rival school everyone would say that I am biased against them.

 

That's not being biased its being a responsible adult. It takes a village. We as adults need to stop turning the blind eye just because its not our kids. Not that you do, I'm just in my sunday sermon mode here...lol

That's not being biased its being a responsible adult. It takes a village. We as adults need to stop turning the blind eye just because its not our kids. Not that you do, I'm just in my sunday sermon mode here...lol

 

About 10 years ago when 4 or 5 of my high school classmates were members of the Northern Kentucky Drug Task Force I let them know of a kid on my street that was selling "wacky backy", all kinds of traffic in and out of the house and "strange" characters coming and going. About 2 months after doing nighttime pickups of his trash and watching "questionable" activity at his house the "hammer" fell.

 

One day I get a call from my wife saying she watched 3 white vans pull up and guys with guns drawn fall upon his house......needless to say all the traffic going in and out of this house stopped and young man got locked up for a a week or two plus a year of probation. To this day the family has no idea I let the "cat out of the bag". However problem solved.

That's not being biased its being a responsible adult. It takes a village. We as adults need to stop turning the blind eye just because its not our kids. Not that you do, I'm just in my sunday sermon mode here...lol

I agree, that's why I'm glad that IF these kids did what they are accused of they are being punished.

 

It's just at some schools, coaches will turn a blind eye to a lot if they think they need those kids to win.

That's not being biased its being a responsible adult. It takes a village. We as adults need to stop turning the blind eye just because its not our kids. Not that you do, I'm just in my sunday sermon mode here...lol

 

Too often we use the "kids will be kids" excuse. Yes, we all make mistakes. However, they are still mistakes.

Yes, the only issue now is if any of the penalties are going to be reduced upon appeal to the school board. I don't see any way they don't face some sort of suspension, but I could see it being reduced.

 

This will have a MAJOR effect on the field.

 

I would imagine that they have a school code of conduct handbook that spells out the penalty for the particular offense. At the school that my kids attend, I believe it would mean that their season was over.

I would imagine that they have a school code of conduct handbook that spells out the penalty for the particular offense. At the school that my kids attend, I believe it would mean that their season was over.

 

Well that they were doing something is indisputable, it's exactly what they were doing that is being disputed. I'm hearing 1/3 of the season is what they are losing including games against both cross town rivals.

Well that they were doing something is indisputable, it's exactly what they were doing that is being disputed. I'm hearing 1/3 of the season is what they are losing including games against both cross town rivals.

 

Let's hope that they learn and grow from this experience, and that they do not miss anymore of the season than what you are hearing.

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

From what I understand there was a pretty serious violation of team rules on campus and multiple players are being suspended for multiple games.

 

That is what I was told originally but I don't have anything new to go on.

 

I would need to know some more facts before speculating further but let's just say if I was Somerset I would put these players, their parents, and whatever lawyer in their places real quick like.

It's sad that the parents haven't already put their children in their places real quick. I know my dad would have. Not playing sports would have been the least of my worries.

 

Well, when my son was playing HS ball, if you were caught using an illegal substance on campus or not, you forfeited that year of ball.

I agree with OlDog75. Ban them for the year.

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

 

We definitely didn't run together. I know quite a few people that smoked but none were dumb enough to do it IN school.

 

It's almost like you're justifying it. I sincerely hope not.

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

 

Hmmm...what's that old saying? Oh yeah - 2 wrongs don't make a right! :thumb:

I find it quite humorous that smoking "wacky backy" in high school is getting so much attention. I promise at least half of you did the same.

 

You can't promise something that you know absolutely nothing about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.