Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Thomas says Brian Hoyer is “a lot like Tom Brady”

Featured Replies

Because he's not anything at all like Tom Brady. Dude has started what 3-4 games? He played in New England. That's where the comparison ends.

 

Patriots were 2-2 in Tom Brady's first four appearances and he had a 66.4 QBR with Zero TD's

 

Pat's fans probably weren't blown away by him either when he started and were praying Bledsoe would make it back quickly. But it all worked out for you, you never know how Hoyer will be. He could take off or be a bust.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously seeing Brady the way we do now it looks like a joke but when Brady first came on the scene in sure there may have been a few that compared him to Favre or Warner and they were made fun of.

 

He's definitely not an idiot for making those comments and I question those that claim he is an idiot.

Patriots were 2-2 in Tom Brady's first four appearances and he had a 66.4 QBR with Zero TD's

 

Pat's fans probably weren't blown away by him either when he started and were praying Bledsoe would make it back quickly. But it all worked out for you, you never know how Hoyer will be. He could take off or be a bust.

Not taking away anything from him, but Brady dink and dunked his way to the Superbowl his first season. One of the more miraculous runs in sport's history. People forget how green and coddled he was. He grew in to a superstar, but he looked like a typical rookie QB his first season of playing. In fact, I watched the Superbowl against the Rams just a few weeks ago on NFL Network. He made a couple throws in the second half, but the bulk of his throws were 0-5 yards down the field and they let the skill position players make the plays. And obviously the defense dominated the Rams. Other Superbowl victories he was a beast.

An intelligent person doesn't make stupid comments like this.

 

I always thought Thomas seemed like a bright dude. These comments obviously show I was mistaken.

 

Not stupid at all, please explain where he is wrong.

 

“When you look at the way he competes and the way he demands the most out of everybody around him, it’s no coincidence that those guys played together,” Thomas said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “[Hoyer] has a lot of those same mental attributes and that’s a great thing for a quarterback to have.

 

“He’s the ultimate competitor, and no matter if we drafted a quarterback No. 1 overall, I knew that in his mind he expects to win the job because that’s the type of competitor he is and the type of quarterback

 

I don't see one word comparing his talents to Brady. I see a very insightful comment.

There's a reason the Browns took a QB in the 1st round.

There's a reason the Browns took a QB in the 1st round.

 

I don't think any of the other players care for him lol.

  • Author
Obviously seeing Brady the way we do now it looks like a joke but when Brady first came on the scene in sure there may have been a few that compared him to Favre or Warner and they were made fun of.

 

He's definitely not an idiot for making those comments and I question those that claim he is an idiot.

 

I don't know that idiot is the right word but Thomas taking subtle shots at Manziel in the media ain't too bright.

I guess I'm not seeing his comments as a shot at Manziel.

I don't know that idiot is the right word but Thomas taking subtle shots at Manziel in the media ain't too bright.

 

I see no shots because Thomas also said that Manziel is a quiet guy who comes in does things right, works hard, has great notes and sits in the front when it comes to viewing playbook info.

 

 

Those don't look like shots to me.

  • Author

While I agree we can interpret Thomas' comments several way I stand by the belief that he is taking a subtle shot at Manziel.

While I agree we can interpret Thomas' comments several way I stand by the belief that he is taking a subtle shot at Manziel.

 

Could very well be but even if it's a subtle shot I see it more as a "hey kid, you need to put in the work to succeed". More if a message then anything. At the end of the day they want the QB that's gonna give them the best shot at winning.

There's a reason the Browns took a QB in the 1st round.

 

What is they have the memory of a goldfish for 800 Clizzy?

Seems like Cleveland is doing their best to crap on Manziel. Makes me wonder why they even drafted him.

 

Are you Greg Doyle?

It's a tough town full of tough guys... and they're perfectly accustomed to that feeling of failure. It's an entire city, the sports culture of which has been tempered in decades of crushing disappointment... and watching the city fall apart at the same time probably sped up the process.

 

You nailed it on the head, it would be difficult to find a city more accustomed to failure.

Are you Greg Doyle?

 

Nah, I'm smarter and write better than he does. He just has more friends in higher places. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.