July 29, 201412 yr The Browns are pretty clearly trying to send a message to Johnny Manziel to settle down and get to work. But sometimes in sending that message, they might be going overboard the other direction. Browns left tackle Joe Thomas was praising Manziel’s competition for the starting job, saying Brian Hoyer was “a lot like Tom Brady.” Well, they both play football, they both wear silly hats, and they both have three Super Bowl rings. OK, so they both play football. We’ll let Thomas explain himself. “When you look at the way he competes and the way he demands the most out of everybody around him, it’s no coincidence that those guys played together,” Thomas said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “[Hoyer] has a lot of those same mental attributes and that’s a great thing for a quarterback to have. “He’s the ultimate competitor, and no matter if we drafted a quarterback No. 1 overall, I knew that in his mind he expects to win the job because that’s the type of competitor he is and the type of quarterback.” Joe Thomas says Brian Hoyer is ?a lot like Tom Brady? | ProFootballTalk
July 29, 201412 yr Author It seems to me there is one negative article after another about the Browns. I don't know how Browns' fans take it...
July 29, 201412 yr :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: So much for my thought that Joe Thomas seemed like an intelligent dude.
July 29, 201412 yr Author :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: So much for my thought that Joe Thomas seemed like an intelligent dude. What do you mean?
July 29, 201412 yr Browns fans will be counting their lucky stars if Brian Hoyer is Andy Dalton, not Tom Brady.
July 29, 201412 yr What do you mean? An intelligent person doesn't make stupid comments like this. I always thought Thomas seemed like a bright dude. These comments obviously show I was mistaken.
July 29, 201412 yr Author An intelligent person doesn't make stupid comments like this. I always thought Thomas seemed like a bright dude. These comments obviously show I was mistaken. I am asking why you deem the comments stupid?
July 29, 201412 yr I am asking why you deem the comments stupid? Because he's not anything at all like Tom Brady. Dude has started what 3-4 games? He played in New England. That's where the comparison ends.
July 29, 201412 yr Author Because he's not anything at all like Tom Brady. Dude has started what 3-4 games? He played in New England. That's where the comparison ends. I see. Thomas is an idiot for saying that to the media but I think he is a bigger idiot for trying to handle Johnny in this way. The Browns need to hire a new team shrink.
July 29, 201412 yr I see. Thomas is an idiot for saying that to the media but I think he is a bigger idiot for trying to handle Johnny in this way. The Browns need to hire a new team shrink. No doubt. The Browns are a train-wreck. The NFL has to be embarrassed by them from the top down.
July 29, 201412 yr Do you think the Browns management is glad to have LeBron back in town? Surely the media will be all over the start of the Cavs' season, and the Browns can fade off into the sunset if they're having a train-wreck of a season like some expect.
July 30, 201412 yr Hoyer was getting rave reviews from one of the Browns' beat writers today. The guy said he's been working his tail off since the injury. He's been at their facilities almost every day since the injury, missing five total days. The guy said he's always the first player on the field and the last to leave, he couldn't say the same about Manziel. The guy also said the rookie CB from Okie State is absurd.
July 30, 201412 yr Seems like Cleveland is doing their best to crap on Manziel. Makes me wonder why they even drafted him.
July 30, 201412 yr I don't know how Browns' fans take it... It's a tough town full of tough guys... and they're perfectly accustomed to that feeling of failure. It's an entire city, the sports culture of which has been tempered in decades of crushing disappointment... and watching the city fall apart at the same time probably sped up the process.
July 30, 201412 yr Seems like Cleveland is doing their best to crap on Manziel. Makes me wonder why they even drafted him. It seems like they are trying to break him, IMO. Next thing you know they'll have him say W Ennnnn B C
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.