Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What NKY schools would you close/combine?

Featured Replies

I think so too. Makes sense. I'm thinking of possible school nicknames...

Colors would be black and green...

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how many "All-A" schools would remain in NKY under some of these scenarios?

So how many "All-A" schools would remain in NKY under some of these scenarios?

 

I thought the purpose was to get rid of them.

I thought the purpose was to get rid of them.

 

Sounds like it.

I thought you had a bug or something. You should rest. You are starting to sound delusional!

 

Got part of that right...been :poop: and :puke: my brains out since Sunday night.

I think it would be neat to see Newport, Bellevue, Dayton, and Silver Grove combined into one school.

 

I can see the Newport/Bellevue/Dayton combo making some sense. One city flows into the next along the river.

 

 

Silver Grove does not border Dayton. Ft Thomas separates SG from Dayton . It would make more sense for SG to be absorbed into the county system.

All I know is, you can't walk anywhere up there in NKY without tripping over a dang school somewhere. I actually wish there were still 2 schools in Anderson Co., I think it would be good for a lot of kids if that were the case.

I think maybe the better way to go is the exact opposite. No schools bigger than 200 high school students, set them up in each community, make the schools k-12, eliminate the buses and let's get that sense of community where everyone knows each other.

  • Author
I think maybe the better way to go is the exact opposite. No schools bigger than 200 high school students, set them up in each community, make the schools k-12, eliminate the buses and let's get that sense of community where everyone knows each other.

 

I can think of many large schools that have a great sense of community. I don't think adding more smaller schools is a practical solution.

If the people that pay for the schools do not want to close or merge schools then you have very little chance of it happening.

I do not think Silver Grove could be considered Campbell County North. I thought Silver Grove was in the southern part of the county.

 

Alexandria is the geographic center of Campbell County. Silver Grove is 4 or 5 miles north east of Alexandria in the Northern part of the county.

I think maybe the better way to go is the exact opposite. No schools bigger than 200 high school students, set them up in each community, make the schools k-12, eliminate the buses and let's get that sense of community where everyone knows each other.

 

Totally unrealistic in a mostly rural state such as Ky.

I think maybe the better way to go is the exact opposite. No schools bigger than 200 high school students, set them up in each community, make the schools k-12, eliminate the buses and let's get that sense of community where everyone knows each other.

 

There's a place called Newport Catholic that already has that. :up:

There's a place called Newport Catholic that already has that. :up:

 

Yep, and a lot more just like it. :thumb: Maybe there should be even more.

I can think of many large schools that have a great sense of community. I don't think adding more smaller schools is a practical solution.

 

Sure it is practical. Take each elementary, middle school and high school and turn them into a K-12 building. Yes, there may need to be busing in some rural counties, but eliminate as much busing as possible. Think of the cost savings.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.