Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What NKY schools would you close/combine?

Featured Replies

I do not think Silver Grove could be considered Campbell County North. I thought Silver Grove was in the southern part of the county.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newport and Bellevue would be the first ones to consolidate if it ever happened. The State may make it happen sooner.

You've just been appointed czar of all schools. You've seen the future 5 years from now and it's bleak. You must act now to close/combine/redistrict schools to make them stronger for the future. What would you do?

 

My plan-

 

Kenton County:

Merge Holmes and Ludlow into Kenton Co North.

Merge Dixie and Beechwood into Kenton County Central.

Close Holy Family and St. Anthony.

 

Boone County: Redistrict borders for more balance - Boone Co has 600 more students than Cooper.

Be ready to build as population continues to grow.

 

Campbell County:

Merge Newport, Dayton, Bellevue, and Silver Grove into Campbell County North.

Rename Campbell County to Campbell County South.

Merge NCC and Brossart into Campbell County Catholic.

Merge St. Thomas and St. Catherine

Close St. Philip and St. Joe's Camp Springs

Boone County's enrollment is 1341, and Cooper's enrollment is 1157.

I think it would be neat to see Newport, Bellevue, Dayton, and Silver Grove combined into one school.

I'd close Highlands first. Just because.

 

:irked:

:irked:

 

I'd close whichever high school Cat graduated from. Because, I mean, well...they GREATLY failed the public good, right?:idunno::lol2:

I'd close Highlands first. Just because.

 

You'd probably get a medal for outstanding community service.

No need to close Highlands, just make the kids go to schools where they actually live....

I think it would be neat to see Newport, Bellevue, Dayton, and Silver Grove combined into one school.

 

They would be natural fits with each other. Call it Riverside High or Mary Ingles High.

  • Author
Boone County's enrollment is 1341, and Cooper's enrollment is 1157.

 

you are correct - I transposed some numbers in reading that. Maybe go with another posters' suggestion and just have 2 mega-schools and become the first 7A schools in the state.

I'd close whichever high school Cat graduated from. Because, I mean, well...they GREATLY failed the public good, right?:idunno::lol2:

 

I thought you had a bug or something. You should rest. You are starting to sound delusional!

  • Author
I think it would be neat to see Newport, Bellevue, Dayton, and Silver Grove combined into one school.

 

I think so too. Makes sense. I'm thinking of possible school nicknames...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.