Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting Gun Violence Study

Featured Replies

  • Author

I found it interesting that 57% of the incidents in the study were related to domestic violence, and that:

Under federal law, domestic abuse only prohibits firearm ownership when the perpetrator has been married to the victim, has a child with them, or cohabits with them. In 25 percent of mass shootings in which the perpetrator killed a former or current partner (12 of 48), there was no evidence the pair had ever married or had a child together

  • Replies 132
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Nothing new. It's pie charts of things that are and have been public for some time.

 

Let's try to find the source for the rage instead.

 

So much for trying to have a discussion....

Here's a thought. Just for argument sake. Let's just presume that it really was a chemical/med issue that was the source for these outbursts.

 

1. Way too big a drug lobby for them to be liable when the government gets involved in an investigation. Call it what you like, I have a hard time believing the blame will ever be laid at the feet of a large drug company for various reasons, so we will continue to leave that stone unturned

2. In the even that the meds are the collective factor, what happens if we take the guns away totally. They're not even available. Are these people not as likely to snap with something else? Automobile. Dozer. Axe. Sledgehammer. Machete.

 

 

Just a thought.

So much for trying to have a discussion....

 

What would you like to discuss? What in that link did I miss that is new? Where are the solutions to the problem?

  • Author
What would you like to discuss? What in that link did I miss that is new? Where are the solutions to the problem?

 

Well, maybe someone else will find something interesting. I didn't know some of these things, because, well...unlike you, I just don't know everything.

It is interesting, but there seems to be some fuzzy math going on in one piece of data given.

 

Or some interesting phrases. Like how high capacity magazines were used IN AT LEAST 14 of the mass shootings (13%) of total mass shooting. It's all in the presentation of the graphs and numbers. Any marketing person could tell you this groups stance on guns within a few minutes.

Well, maybe someone else will find something interesting. I didn't know some of these things, because, well...unlike you, I just don't know everything.

 

Good Lord. About what I figured. I posed a question, no answer. Yet you make a snide remark. Forget it. I was polite, never said anything offensive and answered the question you asked. I'm done.

77 of the 110 Mass Shooting occurred on Private Property, ie residences of victim or shooters.

33 in public spaces where in 15 took place in Gun Free Zones which the study tries to play down putting Gun Free Zone Shootings at on 14%

 

But take the 77 out and that leaves 15 of 33 mass shooting occurring in Gun Free Zones or 45%. 45% of all mass shootings in public areas occurred in Gun Free Zones, NOT 14% as the study tries to mislead the readers by including shootings on private property.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns are listed as a supporter of this study.

Does there really need to be a group to rally Mayors Against Illegal Guns? Should they start a Mayors Against Illegal Drugs or Mayors Against Pedophiles Group also? Maybe Mayors Against Murder and Rape?

 

Heck I'm as Pro 2nd Amendment as anyone I know and I'm AGAINST Illegal Gun Ownership. Just enforce the current laws and quit trying to make up new ones.

77 of the 110 Mass Shooting occurred on Private Property, ie residences of victim or shooters.

33 in public spaces where in 15 took place in Gun Free Zones which the study tries to play down putting Gun Free Zone Shootings at on 14%

 

But take the 77 out and that leaves 15 of 33 mass shooting occurring in Gun Free Zones or 45%. 45% of all mass shootings in public areas occurred in Gun Free Zones, NOT 14% as the study tries to mislead the readers by including shootings on private property.

 

Interesting dig into the facts.

  • Author

 

Good Lord. About what I figured. I posed a question, no answer. Yet you make a snide remark. Forget it. I was polite, never said anything offensive and answered the question you asked. I'm done.

OK.

  • Author
Mayors Against Illegal Guns are listed as a supporter of this study.

Does there really need to be a group to rally Mayors Against Illegal Guns? Should they start a Mayors Against Illegal Drugs or Mayors Against Pedophiles Group also? Maybe Mayors Against Murder and Rape?

 

Heck I'm as Pro 2nd Amendment as anyone I know and I'm AGAINST Illegal Gun Ownership. Just enforce the current laws and quit trying to make up new ones.

 

 

I found the statistics of perpetrators in the domestic violence interesting in that in a large number of them, there were reasons they could not legally own a gun, yet still procured them.

 

I find the domestic violence statistics in this study to be the most interesting aspect of the endeavor. Maybe because it's something personal for me.

I found the statistics of perpetrators in the domestic violence interesting in that in a large number of them, there were reasons they could not legally own a gun, yet still procured them.

 

I find the domestic violence statistics in this study to be the most interesting aspect of the endeavor. Maybe because it's something personal for me.

I have said for years that one of the biggest misses in gun violence after Mental Health is Domestic Violence...IMO if an Emergency Protective Order or Domestic Violence Order is placed on someone, that information should be put in the FBI/NICS Data Base and they should be denied approval to purchase firearms until the issue is resolved to a judges satisfaction.
I have said for years that one of the biggest misses in gun violence after Mental Health is Domestic Violence...IMO if an Emergency Protective Order or Domestic Violence Order is placed on someone, that information should be put in the FBI/NICS Data Base and they should be denied approval to purchase firearms until the issue is resolved to a judges satisfaction.

 

Agreed

  • Author
I have said for years that one of the biggest misses in gun violence after Mental Health is Domestic Violence...IMO if an Emergency Protective Order or Domestic Violence Order is placed on someone' date=' that information should be put in the FBI/NICS Data Base and they should be denied approval to purchase firearms until the issue is resolved to a judges satisfaction.[/quote']

 

I agree. I also think that we make a mistake in focusing on incidents in public settings instead of the far greater number of domestic violence incidents.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.