Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting Gun Violence Study

Featured Replies

I've gone to several gun shows, and the only gun I purchased is one of my favorite deer rifles I own. Bought it for 500bucks cash from an elderly gentleman. No background check. It's one of 3 weapons that I own that is not attached to me personally by paperwork in any fashion.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And again, I fully support the Constitutional right to bear arms. I do have issues with several of the related issues we're talking about here - (practically) unfettered access, high capacity magazines and the like.

I don't have any issue with firearms only being available to those that may legally posses them,just not sure what new law could be written to do that. As those are are going to break the law will break it anyway and the only people being restrained or restricted are those that are law abiding citizens.

 

High Capacity Magazines are a non issue, IMO. 10 shots 20 shots 30 shots doesn't matter. Someone skilled with a firearm can change magazines in less than two seconds, I've seen my son do it in around a second. As a recreational shooter when I go to the range I want to spend time shooting not reloading ammo into a magazine.

 

Not sure what "and the like" encompasses?

I've gone to several gun shows, and the only gun I purchased is one of my favorite deer rifles I own. Bought it for 500bucks cash from an elderly gentleman. No background check. It's one of 3 weapons that I own that is not attached to me personally by paperwork in any fashion.

 

Did he have a booth or was he walking around or selling in the parking lot? I ask because when the Gun Show is in town here, every sale in the show from one of the booths has a 4473 filled out. But Private sales that happen in the lot outside don't of course.

Did he have a booth or was he walking around or selling in the parking lot? I ask because when the Gun Show is in town here, every sale in the show from one of the booths has a 4473 filled out. But Private sales that happen in the lot outside don't of course.

 

This fella had a booth, had some browning shotguns, remington rifles on his table. This was approx. 8 yrs ago.

If the seller has a FFL there is. Lot's of handshake deals go on at gunshows.

 

Kentucky citizen to Kentucky citizen is all good at a gun show with no paperwork at all. Cash is king.

 

(And no one bats an eye when you walk through the lobby of Rupp Arena with a long rifle on a Sunday afternoon.)

I don't have any issue with firearms only being available to those that may legally posses them,just not sure what new law could be written to do that. As those are are going to break the law will break it anyway and the only people being restrained or restricted are those that are law abiding citizens.

 

High Capacity Magazines are a non issue, IMO. 10 shots 20 shots 30 shots doesn't matter. Someone skilled with a firearm can change magazines in less than two seconds, I've seen my son do it in around a second. As a recreational shooter when I go to the range I want to spend time shooting not reloading ammo into a magazine.

 

Not sure what "and the like" encompasses?

Precisely. Only thing I would add to the point about the high capacity magazines is they can also be altered fairly easily.

Law breakers have always and will always find a way. That's why any new laws won't matter, they don't observe the numerous gun laws already in place.

I often wonder if Bloomberg is the same, in the public, he only wants "smart gun safety" laws, not confiscation but quietly with others in his mindset, looks at confiscation as a long term goal to achieve gradually.
Honestly, I think Bloomberg just might be a hoplophobe.
Kentucky citizen to Kentucky citizen is all good at a gun show with no paperwork at all. Cash is king.

 

(And no one bats an eye when you walk through the lobby of Rupp Arena with a long rifle on a Sunday afternoon.)

 

Wasn't all that long ago that a sizable percentage of the crowd at Mason County Court Days has a long gun in one hand and a hound dog on a leash in the other.

Wasn't all that long ago that a sizable percentage of the crowd at Mason County Court Days has a long gun in one hand and a hound dog on a leash in the other.

 

'Court Days' seems to be the state-wide code word for 'big unregulated gun trade show'. I had done Mt. Sterling's Court Days years ago. Same thing.

I think the 2nd Amendment crowd is so against widespread registration and background checks due to the fear that what the government will do with such information. I am sure many have heard the sound bite of the two New Jersey legislatures who publicly had said they are against gun confiscation but then were unknowingly next to a live microphone and were whispering how ultimately confiscation would be the ultimate goal. Also, most nations which implemented confiscation were able to do so because they already had in place wide spread registration.

 

I often wonder if Bloomberg is the same, in the public, he only wants "smart gun safety" laws, not confiscation but quietly with others in his mindset, looks at confiscation as a long term goal to achieve gradually.

I don't know anyone against background checks.

 

Registration is a different thing though, Registration leads to Confiscation in nearly every case sooner or later...here is a story from NY » Proof: Gun Registration Leads To Confiscation Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

 

In the wake of New York’s latest gun control law, the New York Police Department is now sending out notices to registered gun owners demanding that they give up their firearms, clear proof that gun registration leads to outright confiscations.

The letter being sent out to New York City's gun owners who now possess "illegal" firearms.

 

The notice provides gun owners, who possess firearms now prohibited under New York’s unconstitutional SAFE Act, the “options” to either surrender their firearms to the police, remove them from the city limits or otherwise render them inoperable.

 

The NYPD knew exactly who to send the notices to by using a centralized firearms registry which lists the city’s gun owners and what firearms they have in their possession.

 

With the gun database already in place, the police merely needed to compile a list of firearm makes and models now banned under the SAFE Act and send the notices to the appropriate owners.

'Court Days' seems to be the state-wide code word for 'big unregulated gun trade show'. I had done Mt. Sterling's Court Days years ago. Same thing.

 

Yep.

 

The Mason County Court Days are no more. A new generation decided that we were too "high-class" to be having such a spectacle.

 

I miss it.

 

And from what I've seen, Mount Sterling Court Days have devolved into a low-end flea market, replete with purveyors of tube socks and cheap sunglasses.

I don't know anyone against background checks.

 

Some of the most extreme are. Their assumption is that such data could be stored and a "partial" registration could be developed. I would say those are the tin foil guys but they exist.

 

Here is one person's view. I don't consider Colion extreme but he shares the view.

 

Bottom line it's nothing more than anti-gun propaganda dressed up with pie charts that omits crucial mitigating factors all the while giving the appearance that it's incredibly thorough in an attempt to sway the uneducated.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.