Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Interesting Gun Violence Study

Featured Replies

  • Replies 132
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food for thought, at least. And a couple of surprises, to me at any rate.

Sponsored by a group that hides their identity behind a proxy.

 

Registrant Name:Registration Private

Registrant Organization Domains By Proxy, LLC

Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com

  • Author

I guess you didn't make it to slide 43.

Shoot the messenger.

It is interesting, but there seems to be some fuzzy math going on in one piece of data given.

I see one major flaw with the data. It sure would have been nice to see the medical/meds history of the shooters. It's been printed online before. Very poor analysis of the entire mental health picture of the shooters IMO.

What is a Zip Gun? Mentions one of them possessed three of them.

Noticed that: 1. mass murders accounted for less than 1% of all gun deaths

2. in 87% of mass murders non-assualt weapons were not used.

 

Mass media hype of hatred for guns in general and assault weapons lead to hysterical condemnation of guns.

 

I took a different look at murders in the US. Guns have been the weapon of choice for decades, followed by stabbings/cutting. According to the chart I was looking at, the number of murders have been almost cut in half since 1993. Gun murders are still the leading weapon of choice, but they also were cut almost in half.

  • Author
I have no reason to doubt it's validity, but can't totally count on it's accuracy either, but here is a link to a telling fact that perhaps this grass roots organization should look at.

 

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns - NaturalNews.com

 

It may have to do with the definition of "mass shooting", which the study I linked to used the FBI definition. In this study, if you read through the incidents detailed, there are both mental and criminal prohibiting factors mentioned, but by the definition of the FBI, mass shootings aren't limited to those in public places, but are inclusive of 4 or more victims in any setting. Domestic violence is a large number in this study of only 4 years of data.

It may have to do with the definition of "mass shooting", which the study I linked to used the FBI definition. In this study, if you read through the incidents detailed, there are both mental and criminal prohibiting factors mentioned, but by the definition of the FBI, mass shootings aren't limited to those in public places, but are inclusive of 4 or more victims in any setting. Domestic violence is a large number in this study of only 4 years of data.
I did read it. And there's some solid info. However, no correlation to those meds mentioned. Only mental factors were involved when those people were reported. I can tell you first hand, that's a very poor method of developing a profile. I'm part of that reporting community. I've reported 2 persons. Scads of others were candidates but I didn't report them for any police tracking. It's really not as clear as you may suspect to get a person on some list like that. I'd suspect school counselors may be the best source for that, and sometimes they are. However, it's a poor avenue.
  • Author
I did read it. And there's some solid info. However, no correlation to those meds mentioned. Only mental factors were involved when those people were reported. I can tell you first hand, that's a very poor method of developing a profile. I'm part of that reporting community. I've reported 2 persons. Scads of others were candidates but I didn't report them for any police tracking. It's really not as clear as you may suspect to get a person on some list like that. I'd suspect school counselors may be the best source for that, and sometimes they are. However, it's a poor avenue.

 

Soo....in total...you find nothing of value in this study?

Soo....in total...you find nothing of value in this study?

 

Nothing new. It's pie charts of things that are and have been public for some time.

 

Let's try to find the source for the rage instead.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.