Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds vs Cubs 7/7-7/10

Featured Replies

Just got back from the ballpark. Awesome night, great game and solid comeback victory for the good guys.

 

The cubs? Well, they're the cubs...

  • Replies 646
  • Views 63.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers lost 9-7. Reds now 3.5 back.Gained 3.5 games since Sunday.

 

Game on in the NL Central!

Classic

 

ctrent ‏@ctrent 4m

A fired-up Billy Hamilton was ready for more: 'Let's play 3,' he said. #Reds #Cubs

Cincinnati, OH

I can't imagine how frustrated I would be with Castro if I was a Cubbie fan. He HAS to make that play on Pena's popup in the 9th.

 

Castro looked bored all night.

  • Author
Castro looked bored all night.

 

I would be too if I had to play for the Cubs.

I would be too if I had to play for the Cubs.

 

I think I could stay motivated at this pay grade even if my team went 0-162:

 

Starlin Castro signed a 7 year / $60 million contract with the Chicago Cubs, including a $6,000,000 signing bonus, and an annual average salary of $8,571,429.

  • Author
I think I could stay motivated at this pay grade even if my team went 0-162:

 

Starlin Castro signed a 7 year / $60 million contract with the Chicago Cubs, including a $6,000,000 signing bonus, and an annual average salary of $8,571,429.

 

See, he's gotten paid too. He has nothing to play for. I don't blame him one bit looking disinterested.

Looks like I missed a lot in this thread while working both of the games yesterday. I'm probably not going to go back and read it but what a great day for the Reds.

Heck of a day for the Reds yesterday.

Looks like I missed a lot in this thread while working both of the games yesterday. I'm probably not going to go back and read it but what a great day for the Reds.

 

I always enjoy going back and reading the "This team sucks", "this team has no heart", "Dusty sucks" posts after the Reds fall behind then come back to win.

I always enjoy going back and reading the "This team sucks", "this team has no heart", "Dusty sucks" posts after the Reds fall behind then come back to win.

 

My biggest complaint is the roster management. Clearly Pena couldn't play. So why bring him back (he could've stayed on the PL until today), and play a double-header essentially 2 bench players down? When you DL Votto, bring up Soto or Lutz, keep Pena on the PL, then reinstate him today and send Barnhart down. Just made no sense to me.

Easy to say from the couch. That's a long run and a tough catch to make...

 

Disagree. He was there. He didn't take control. It's a catch a major-league SS has to make.

Then who plays left?

 

Schumaker goes to LF, Bruce to RF, Frazier to 1B & Santiago to 3B. (Of course, you can just insert Santiago to get the bunt down if you prefer.) The point, of course, was EVERY MLB player SHOULD be able to get a sac bunt down. Many can't and many are never asked. Heck, Ludwick did it the previous night. The AB he ended up having only made it look like an even worse decision.

Disagree. He was there. He didn't take control. It's a catch a major-league SS has to make.

 

Whether any of the 3 guys COULD make the catch, they at least have to look like they WANT to make the catch. If it's Frazier, Cozart and Schumaker in the same situation, I'm fairly confident at least 1, and maybe all 3, at least get their uniform dirty!!!

 

Also, was at the game so didn't see the replay. Was Pena running full tilt out of the box? Even injured, I can't imagine why he is not standing on 2B when the play is over. Ball was hit pretty high and even bobbled after they eventually got to it. Runner on 2B with no outs is MUCH better situation than 1B with no speed on the bases OR in the batters box. Of course, Meso makes that a moot point with a clutch hit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.