Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CNN Reporter

Featured Replies

Why has the CNN reporter, Toure, not been fired for his statement against Holocaust survivors?

Isn't his statement in the same vein as Sterling's?

  • Replies 100
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much context here for anyone who hasn't heard this story. Have a link?

Why has all this WHITENESS PRIVILEGES stuff started? No one has given me anything, I went to college, worked my way through and live just like anyone else. DAY TO DAY.

 

Im beginning to think all black people just hate white people.

  • Author

Shouldn't he get at least a suspension? Everyone says something stupid eventually. A suspension sends a message, learn your lesson or the next time your out the door permanently.

If we take away the inflammatory words like "holocaust" and "power of whiteness" I think what the cat was trying to say is that even immigrants who were white had it better than the American blacks back in the 40s.

 

Would we argue that point?

Why has all this WHITENESS PRIVILEGES stuff started? No one has given me anything, I went to college, worked my way through and live just like anyone else. DAY TO DAY.

 

Im beginning to think all black people just hate white people.

 

Started? Where have you been? You've never heard of white privilege? I have every reason to believe I was a white dude I'd be living large right now. :lol2:

  • Author

There was a time when racism's ugly head was large and showing. In today's America the head is small and most do not want to see it. Why would a young black man feel such animosity toward a group of people who were not just enslaved, but nearly exterminated?

 

There is still racism, not just in this country, but throughout the world and it will never entirely go away. I believed, before Obama was elected, we were headed very much in the right direction, with the white bigots in decline, not gone, but rapidly declining. Since Obama has been elected bigotry has increased amongst the followers of Like Jackson and Sharpton.

There was a time when racism's ugly head was large and showing. In today's America the head is small and most do not want to see it. Why would a young black man feel such animosity toward a group of people who were not just enslaved, but nearly exterminated?

 

 

Where was the animosity ?

Started? Where have you been? You've never heard of white privilege? I have every reason to believe I was a white dude I'd be living large right now. :lol2:

 

I'm not sure I know where I've been, but up until the last year I have never heard of it. Maybe I'm blind to it but growing up and still today everyone I know has always acted as equals and the same. That's whites and blacks. Maybe it's worse in big cities.

Started? Where have you been? You've never heard of white privilege? I have every reason to believe I was a white dude I'd be living large right now. :lol2:

 

I'm white. I'm also not "living large" . Am I doing something wrong?

I'm white. I'm also not "living large" . Am I doing something wrong?

 

Try DWB.

Where was the animosity ?
Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Jeremiah Wright and their followers for starters. Liberal Jews allied themselves with the black civil rights leaders in the 50s and 60s but antisemitism is still pretty widespread in this country among blacks and whites as well for reasons that I don't pretend to fuly understand.
I'm white. I'm also not "living large" . Am I doing something wrong?

 

No. But you aren't me either.

I'm not sure I know where I've been, but up until the last year I have never heard of it. Maybe I'm blind to it but growing up and still today everyone I know has always acted as equals and the same. That's whites and blacks. Maybe it's worse in big cities.

 

As is the case in most situations. However there have been plenty of "experimental" situations made up that expose loan companies, realtors, car salesmen, department stores, etc and how white customers are treated differently than black customers. Is white privilege prevalent? Not like it was in the 80s and 90s but it is still around.

 

My father always said he had to work 3 times as hard as a white man to get where he is today. That is an example of white privilege. When a black dude does something that becomes a "history making moment" normally white privilege comes into play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.