Lakers to reach out to Coach Cal

CamoHokie

The lone exception to the rule? I can't name another.

Depends on your definition of "successful". Only one guy has won titles in both, but not many people have won titles in the NBA at all because the same teams win over and over again.

PJ Carlesimo is one who comes to mind as a successful collegiate coach who's had a long NBA career since; though in and out of jobs, he keeps getting hired.

Tom Thibodeaux was a college coach for eight years before heading to the NBA, where he's been since 1989.

There still aren't very many as it takes a certain kind of coach to pull it off.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Calipari ✔ @UKCoachCalipari Follow

Before it starts, I'm totally committed to helping this group of young men reach their dreams. I wouldn't & couldn't leave this group!

9:24 AM - 1 May 2014

Notice that he says "this" group. Leaves the door open for future years.

Notice that he says "this" group. Leaves the door open for future years.

Clearly.

FWIW, I feel if the numerous guys who chose to come back hadn't done so, he'd strongly consider it. No chance with the team he's got next season does he bail IMO.

As I said in another thread' date=' hope that Larry Brown leaves SMU to go to the Lakers. Emmanual Mudiay decomits, gets his release and comes to UK with that one scholly Cal has open.[/quote']

I'll pay your membership next year if that happens.