Lakers to reach out to Coach Cal

CamoHokie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, how does BBN feel about Cal agreeing to do an interview with the Lakers (if he does)? One thing to have your name tied to the job, another to actually sit with them and discuss the position. Will he be seen as a traitor? Will BBN begin looking for the next Cal? After the tweet yesterday, many feel like the issue is closed but it could be a smoke screen ala Memphis in 09.

I'm someone who got a double major and masters at UK, and no, I won't. You always want to see your people succeed. I have no illusions that UK is a better job than being the coach of the Los Angeles Lakers. If every UK coach wins a national title and moves on to a job like that, I'll be happy with being a stepping stone.

That's just how I look at it.

He's no different than seeing a kid who is a player at UK go on and achieve his dream of playing in the NBA.

Even as a kid, I completely understood when Pitino left UK for the Celtics, and likewise, I'll understand if Cal leaves for the Lakers.

If you're a basketball fan you have interest in coaching the Lakers. With that said, I don't think it's a great job until Kobe (and his contract) leaves.

The Lakers job is always a great job regardless of who is there. Funny though, I bet if Kobe was healthy D'Antoni would still have a job because they would have been much better than they were.