Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redskins...name change coming? What should it be?

Featured Replies

But most of them are black.

 

How about the Washington PCs. Their slogan could be "the only thing in town that is correct politically".

 

You beat me to it.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sports franchises are private businesses? Even if they use public funding? How does that work?

 

If your speaking stadium funding (which I tend to lean toward Getslows opinion) that would be more of a tax incentive in the nature of what Texas did for Toyata. That doesn't stop their status as a private business.

I hope they don't change it at all. BTW, I hate the Redskins too. Go fix/work on broken Washington politics you Bonehead. (Reid)

Don't several native American groups support the Redskins in keeping the name?

 

Indians is not offensive! I'm Irish and have no problem with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. People need to chill!

Washington Thieves

Don't several native American groups support the Redskins in keeping the name?

 

Indians is not offensive! I'm Irish and have no problem with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. People need to chill!

People don't want to chill, they want to look for something to be offended by.
Not aware of the Federal Govt funding any sports franchises.

 

So things like city taxes or state taxes aren't raised to help pay for new stadiums?

If your speaking stadium funding (which I tend to lean toward Getslows opinion) that would be more of a tax incentive in the nature of what Texas did for Toyata. That doesn't stop their status as a private business.

 

Okay. I wasn't sure how that worked.

Maybe no nickname-then nobody could ever be offended.

 

Except for that screwy D.C. part....

People don't want to chill, they want to look for something to be offended by.

I agree! I am convinced that many people feel better when they are complaining about something, anything.

Sports franchises are private businesses? Even if they use public funding? How does that work?

If I am not mistaken, isn't the NFL a "Non-profit"? If so, how in the heck are they able to claim that status?

If I am not mistaken, isn't the NFL a "Non-profit"? If so, how in the heck are they able to claim that status?
? They make about $10 billon a year, not sure how they would qualify has non profit.

At the end of the day who cares if they change it. I'm not A Native American so who am I to say who should be and not be offended.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.