Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Redskins...name change coming? What should it be?

Featured Replies

I looked yesterday, there are no Federally recognized Tribes in Virginia or Maryland...I had the same idea.

 

The tribes in Virginia have apparently tried countless times to gain federal recognition but have problems because the Commonwealth of Virginia destroyed all their historical records, many of which are necessary to gain federal recognition as a tribe from the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should change it to Warriors and go back to the helmet from the mid- to late-60s.

Washington Tyrants

 

Washington Wasters

 

Washington Impeachers

 

Washington Whips

 

Washington Attackers

 

Washington Filibusters

 

Washington PACMen

He should change it to Warriors and go back to the helmet from the mid- to late-60s.

 

Almost exactly what I was going to suggest. Keep the colors the same and I'd argue to keep a couple of different logos active, the current one and bring back the horizontal spear logo. That lets Snyder kinda thumb his nose at the "establishment" in Washington while making some concessions on changing the name.

Almost exactly what I was going to suggest. Keep the colors the same and I'd argue to keep a couple of different logos active, the current one and bring back the horizontal spear logo. That lets Snyder kinda thumb his nose at the "establishment" in Washington while making some concessions on changing the name.

 

That's the way I was thinking it. Everybody wins in this scenario, plus the Redskins don't have to change everything wholesale and can retain some of their retro history.

 

Then again, it probably won't be good enough since "Warriors" is apparently a charged term these days, which makes no sense to me. What was wrong with the Marquette Warriors?

ScarletEpidermals.

This one is interesting. It's an Arizona High School made up primarily of Navajo students. Their mascot: The Redskins. Obviously, this is a small group of people and their interests don't necessarily reflect those of everyone else, but I still thought it was interesting.

 

RMUSD #27 / Red Mesa High School

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.