Your kid and my kid are not playing in the pros

theguru

I stopped reading after the third paragraph...

Sports aren't for every family, I feel like that's obvious. How my family or any other sports family spends their time, energy, and emotion is none of this guys business, and doesn't make their family any worse for the wear.

Sounds like this guy was either sheltered as a kid, or sucked at sports.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the last paragraph, and it is the worst of them wrong. Couldn't be farther from the truth, IMO.

"But you know what I am certain will happen? I'll raise self-reliant kids, who will hang out with me when I'm older, remember my birthday, care for their mother, take me to lunch and the movies, buy me club level seats at Yankee Stadium on occasion, call me at least four times a week and let me in on all the good things in their life, and turn to me for some comfort and advice for all the bad things. I am convinced that those things just will not happen as much for parents of the "hour-long" generation."

The above is a complete joke to me.

Read the last paragraph, and it is the worst of them wrong. Couldn't be farther from the truth, IMO.

"But you know what I am certain will happen? I'll raise self-reliant kids, who will hang out with me when I'm older, remember my birthday, care for their mother, take me to lunch and the movies, buy me club level seats at Yankee Stadium on occasion, call me at least four times a week and let me in on all the good things in their life, and turn to me for some comfort and advice for all the bad things. I am convinced that those things just will not happen as much for parents of the "hour-long" generation."

The above is a complete joke to me.

Deuce, you can't see the forest for the trees.

If you are going to blindly tell people they aren't parenting well, you better have a squeaky-clean house. His bio doesn't even list any children, which cracks me up.

So are you saying that if you don't have kids you cant relate to the matter?

He's definitely right about some families, no question. While he described a handful of accounts he has had in the ER he left out the hundreds of injuries where parents handled things properly with their child's future in mind. Those are extreme situations and those people are definitely out there.

What he fails to mention, likely because he doesn't see it, is what sport and competition teaches kids. So many life lessons on a daily basis.

If I told my kids, "No sports this summer...we're going on PICNICS!". They would probably divorce me.

Lastly, buy a new hat moron.

I love how everyone takes everything he says as literal. "So my kid can't dream?" "So we're only having picnics this summer?" "My wife and I are getting divorced?"

Everything in moderation, people.

Edited by gchs_uk9