UK QB Jalen Whitlow Will Transfer

Wireman

Jalen was a great player and looked like he was becoming a better QB as the year progressed. While he was solid dual threat quarterback is passing skills were not exaclty great...which if you're going to play in an "Air Raid" offense you kind of need to be able to throw the football accurately.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jalen Whitlow to Transfer

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Quarterback Jalen Whitlow has decided to transfer from the University of Kentucky, Coach Mark Stoops confirmed Wednesday.

“We respect Jalen and his decision as we want the best for him,” Stoops said. “I thank Jalen for his contributions to the team during his time at Kentucky. I want everyone to understand how hard he has worked and the effort he has given since our staff has been here.”

Whitlow, a native of Montgomery, Ala., came to UK in 2012 and started seven games as a true freshman. He completed 54 percent of his passes for 801 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed for 206 net yards and three TDs.

In 2013, Stoops’ first season as head coach, Whitlow started eight games. He completed 61.6 percent of his passes for 1,033 yards and five touchdowns. He also rushed for 457 yards and six TDs.

“I appreciate the University of Kentucky and what the coaching staff and administration have done for me,” Whitlow said. “I also thank the community and the fan support I have received here. I wish the coaches and my teammates the best of luck.”

Whitlow will finish the semester at UK before transferring. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

I mean ultimately it is about QB play and even last year Whitlow showed he wasn't consistent in the pocket as a passer. If Barker and Patrick are showing to be more consistent in passing then that puts Whitlow 3rd at best. Just seems that his progression during the offseason wasn't as much as others.