Eicher, Duffy and Mueller

mcpapa

It doesn’t matter if it is a snowy November night, or a hot and humid July morning, I love being at David Cecil Stadium, home of the Highlands Bluebirds.

Fort Thomas is home to one of the best high school football programs in the nation. I’ve been fortunate to cross paths with three Bluebird head coaches – Jack Eicher, Tom Duffy and Dale Mueller.

I was a little guy when I met Coach Eicher. We went to church together in Danville when he was at Centre and later an assistant at Danville. Coach Duffy was the head coach at Danville when I played and then coached at Mercer County. Coach Mueller was at Highlands my entire time at Mason County until last December.

All three have influenced me as a coach, and the timing has been perfect.

Read more here:

Three different Birds, all winners

I remember hearing coach Buchanan a few years back walking into DCM during a 7 on 7 passing game between Mason Co. & Highlands saying..."Soak it up boys, this is where Champions play" Talk about a great coach at Mason Co. Kudos to what coach has done with his program...."Bluechip Program"

I appreciate MCPapa posting this and the kind words from the other BGPrep members. All three of these coaches have been very good to me and are a great example that there are different approaches that can all be successful.

I think a lot of Coach Weinrich as well. I enjoyed watching one of their workouts on a snow day earlier this winter.

My last column will be in December of this year. It has been a lot of fun. It has definitely been fun and a blessing growing up with these old football coaches! :thumb: