Congress underpaid?

I understand this will never pass and probably shouldn't. However, I thought they got a per diem on the road or maybe they get an expense account for travel. If not then they should get what a regular Federal employee gets on the road, which he stated. If he means per diem while in Washington, no way. They probably attend numerous free dinners and fund raisers, Rotray Clubs, speaking engagements, etc. I am surprised they don't get a housing allowance (not saying they need it).

I say house them across the river at Ft Belvoir, VA. They have barracks and we could establish a mess hall for them to dine in using their allowances. Maybe then they would prefer to stay home and deal with the people and issues who elected them and not live the high life in DC. Potentially curb some of the pandering that goes on now

Waaaahhhhh! Poor guy. He only makes $174' date='000 a year and has had his pay frozen for 3 years, while my pay has been frozen, including not even a cola raise, for 6 years going on 7. This guy is a jack hole.[/quote']

Only 3??

Have him try private sector.

Waaaahhhhh! Poor guy. He only makes $174' date='000 a year and has had his pay frozen for 3 years, while my pay has been frozen, including not even a cola raise, for 6 years going on 7. This guy is a jack hole.[/quote']

No raises in around 7 for some people I work with as well. I don't want to hear his whining.

No raises in around 7 for some people I work with as well. I don't want to hear his whining.

My wife works for the state and the only raise she has seen in at least that long is when she made supervisor. Supposed to get 2% this year though so we'll be able to buy that retirement home in Scottsdale.