April 4, 201412 yr NIT Championship Congrats to Little Ricky on winning the NIT. Will he be Rick's replacement at Louisville? It sure looks like the kid has a bright future.
April 4, 201412 yr It was pretty cool seeing Rick standing a row back in the crowd coaching Richard as he was coaching his team...I think Richard had said that he wouldn't foul up 3 in the closing seconds, but he listened to more experienced voices and decided to foul. Anyway I loved the way it ended seeing Rick as involved as he was, it was great!
April 4, 201412 yr Peyton Siva was in attendance as well.I saw that, he was sitting next to Rick and I think at one point was holding Rick's granddaughter!
April 4, 201412 yr The real test for a young head coach is how well he can recruit. I look forward to seeing the crop of freshman Pitino can get into the Twin Cities in the next couple years. That'll be the real test for whether he's really cut out for this. It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him.
April 4, 201412 yr It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him. I always found a fascinating story on John Wooden going to Minnesota, how a snow storm may of changed the course of college basketball history. Coach Wooden wanted the Minnesota job because of similar mid-west values and life style. Minnesota's phone system went down during one of their storms, he thought they passed on him, then he accepted the UCLA offer later that night.
April 4, 201412 yr Praise for winning the NIT???? Absolutely... Only about 3 college basketball programs get to end the season with a W... You celebrate that stuff...
April 4, 201412 yr Absolutely... Only about 3 college basketball programs get to end the season with a W... You celebrate that stuff... But don't hang a banner
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.