Minnesota 65 Southern Methodist 63

LRCW

The real test for a young head coach is how well he can recruit. I look forward to seeing the crop of freshman Pitino can get into the Twin Cities in the next couple years. That'll be the real test for whether he's really cut out for this.

It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him.

He will be out of there pretty quick if they keep winning.

The real test for a young head coach is how well he can recruit. I look forward to seeing the crop of freshman Pitino can get into the Twin Cities in the next couple years. That'll be the real test for whether he's really cut out for this.

It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him.

The Big 10 has a lot of good basketball teams in it as well, so it will be a real tough to recruit top players and to win there consistently.

I always found a fascinating story on John Wooden going to Minnesota, how a snow storm may of changed the course of college basketball history. Coach Wooden wanted the Minnesota job because of similar mid-west values and life style. Minnesota's phone system went down during one of their storms, he thought they passed on him, then he accepted the UCLA offer later that night.

That's a great story I had never heard that. Thanks for sharing!