April 4, 201412 yr The real test for a young head coach is how well he can recruit. I look forward to seeing the crop of freshman Pitino can get into the Twin Cities in the next couple years. That'll be the real test for whether he's really cut out for this. It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him. He will be out of there pretty quick if they keep winning.
April 4, 201412 yr He will be out of there pretty quick if they keep winning. Was going to say the same thing.
April 4, 201412 yr The real test for a young head coach is how well he can recruit. I look forward to seeing the crop of freshman Pitino can get into the Twin Cities in the next couple years. That'll be the real test for whether he's really cut out for this. It ain't easy to recruit to Minnesota... unless you coach hockey. He's got a challenge ahead of him. The Big 10 has a lot of good basketball teams in it as well, so it will be a real tough to recruit top players and to win there consistently.
April 5, 201412 yr I always found a fascinating story on John Wooden going to Minnesota, how a snow storm may of changed the course of college basketball history. Coach Wooden wanted the Minnesota job because of similar mid-west values and life style. Minnesota's phone system went down during one of their storms, he thought they passed on him, then he accepted the UCLA offer later that night. That's a great story I had never heard that. Thanks for sharing!
April 5, 201412 yr It's Minnesota, they'll hang the banner. They should hang a banner. I was referring to the All A thread
April 5, 201412 yr They should hang a banner. I was referring to the All A thread :laugh:...much to the chagrin of RCC9.
April 5, 201412 yr :laugh:...much to the chagrin of RCC9. I hope it doesn't read this thread it will go on for another month
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.