David Letterman Annouces His Retirement From the Late Show

No link; just heard the news.

Personally, I used to love Dave's show but started watching less and less as he started to let his politics get in the way. I just don't want to hear constant bashing of either party when I'm just trying to be entertained. With that said, I wish him all the best in his retirement.

Personally, I used to love Dave's show but started watching less and less as he started to let his politics get in the way. I just don't want to hear constant bashing of either party when I'm just trying to be entertained. With that said, I wish him all the best in his retirement.

I agree, politics aren't what I'm looking for when I want entertainment. Stop watching Letterman a loooong time ago.

Conan is awful. What's he had now 4 shows on 4 different networks all fail.

Three shows, two networks, one transitioned by design. His Late Night run was incredibly successful. Tonight Show, not so much. His third has ratings that are a product of where it is, basic cable. He pulls in about what the Daily Show & Colbert Report does.

He's not for everyone I guess but I think he was, and still is, awesome.

This exactly!!!

Gave up on Dave a long time ago

Watched Jay more during this last run by default and enjoyed it

Kimmel is OK, I watch depending on guest

Conan again I watch depending on guest

Fallon, I've tried to watch him and really wanted to like it. But if I want to watch SNL skits I'll watch SNL. he just seems to rehash stuff from his old show. I keep watching hoping to like his show but so far not so much.

Conan is awful. What's he had now 4 shows on 4 different networks all fail.

Like DF already said,..he was very successful on late night on NBC. He was doomed on The Tonight Show IMO because of poor management by NBC. They put a failed experimental show for Leno on in front of him that didn't help.

He's done well at TBS also.

Like DF already said,..he was very successful on late night on NBC. He was doomed on The Tonight Show IMO because of poor management by NBC. They put a failed experimental show for Leno on in front of him that didn't help.

He's done well at TBS also.

Wasn't the Leno show only on like once a week? I agree NBC seems to be poorly managed

Wasn't the Leno show only on like once a week? I agree NBC seems to be poorly managed

It was on all week nights. After it failed they wanted to try and move it from 10 pm to 11 pm and move The Tonight Show with Conan to midnight. Conan refused because he didn't think the tonight show should be moved from its slot.