Desean Jackson signs deal with Redskins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wouldn't want to be a player in the Raiders organization because the chance for success seems much less slim than as a Redskin.

If he was looking for consistency and a good team he would have signed with SF.

He signed with Washington for the chance to play Philly twice a year IMO.

Screwed him? They released him which was their right. He still got all of his guaranteed money he signed for in his contract.

Regardless of whether he's a gangster or not...I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

I'm not a fan of how they tried to make themselves look good by releasing their best WR simply because they didn't want to pay him. Not cool.

I agree now that I know he had an offer on the table from the 49ers as well. When I made my comment, no one had mentioned the 49ers offer.

The Niners simply didn't have the money either. They're apparently up against the cap. It would have been a better situation but when you add money + the chance to stick it to Philly.... It's probably the combo that did it.

I like the situation with him paired with Garcon, and they do have a good TE with Jordan Reed as well. But Washington has serious issues at the QB position. The issue being, of course, that if RGIII can't run he's useless. Not accurate enough to take advantage of Desean's speed.

I'm not a fan of how they tried to make themselves look good by releasing their best WR simply because they didn't want to pay him. Not cool.

I think the gang affiliation excuse was weak. But his current contract would have made him the 4th highest paid receiver in the NFL in 2014. He's no Calvin Johnson. And last time he was unhappy with the jack he was making, he tanked on the team. The fact that his old coach, who needs receivers, wasn't even involved in the chase to get him tells you a little something. Chip just should have been honest. He didn't want the dude in the locker room.

I'm not an eagles fan by any means. I hate them.

Players get released. He didn't get screwed. They paid him all that they had to pay him based on the contract he signed.

I'm not an eagles fan by any means. I hate them.

Players get released. He didn't get screwed. They paid him all that they had to pay him based on the contract he signed.

I'm not talking at all about the money. To me this is borderline slander. Why sully his reputation like that? Just release him.

I think the gang affiliation excuse was weak. But his current contract would have made him the 4th highest paid receiver in the NFL in 2014. He's no Calvin Johnson. And last time he was unhappy with the jack he was making, he tanked on the team. The fact that his old coach, who needs receivers, wasn't even involved in the chase to get him tells you a little something. Chip just should have been honest. He didn't want the dude in the locker room.

Kansas City didn't have the money. I could have sworn I heard they were interested but knew they couldn't pay him.

I'm not talking at all about the money. To me this is borderline slander. Why sully his reputation like that? Just release him.

Why hasn't raised all types of hell? If an article was written about you that was false and then you were released would you do anything you could to clear your name?