Desean Jackson signs deal with Redskins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasn't raised all types of hell? If an article was written about you that was false and then you were released would you do anything you could to clear your name?

The articles claim gang affiliation because he knows people who were gangsters. Technically they are right. For the Eagles to act like they just found out now and that is their reasoning for releasing DJax is bogus. If anything I like the fact that he hasn't said anything and is just keeping it moving.

Why hasn't raised all types of hell? If an article was written about you that was false and then you were released would you do anything you could to clear your name?

Jackson did come out with a statement after they released him. I think that was the only thing he did to clear his name.

Did they release a statement saying why they released him?

Not sure. I just know he was released and gang affiliations and stories about his friends came to the forefront of the discussion.

DeSean Jackson's gang connections troubling to Eagles | NJ.com

The Eagles have not said anything about the gang affiliations. That is all from the nj.com article. Now maybe they intentionally leaked something to nj.com about it, but I am not sure what they would have to gain by that? There have been talks for weeks that he was going to be cut.

Jackson has always been a thorn in the Eagles' side for being disruptive, missing meetings, etc. This was just added ammo. Whether he has any true gang connections outside of just being childhood acquaintances with a lot of these guys, a relationship - and a seemingly friendly one at that - does exist. That is a fact.

The Eagles have not said anything about the gang affiliations. That is all from the nj.com article. Now maybe they intentionally leaked something to nj.com about it, but I am not sure what they would have to gain by that? There have been talks for weeks that he was going to be cut.

Jackson has always been a thorn in the Eagles' side for being disruptive, missing meetings, etc. This was just added ammo. Whether he has any true gang connections outside of just being childhood acquaintances with a lot of these guys, a relationship - and a seemingly friendly one at that - does exist. That is a fact.

Of course it was leaked by the Eagles. You know how the game goes. It was leaked so they would look better for releasing Jackson other than to say it was for the money.

The Eagles gave Jackson an extension in 2012. They knew what they had in him then. None of this information was new news to them. They knew of his friends with gang ties, his friends with murder charges, his being questioned by the police and never being a suspect or being charged, they knew he was late to meetings, they knew of his attitude. They knew all of this BEFORE they gave him an extension in 2012. Now it's an issue? :no:

Of course it was leaked by the Eagles. You know how the game goes. It was leaked so they would look better for releasing Jackson other than to say it was for the money.

The Eagles gave Jackson an extension in 2012. They knew what they had in him then. None of this information was new news to them. They knew of his friends with gang ties, his friends with murder charges, his being questioned by the police and never being a suspect or being charged, they knew he was late to meetings, they knew of his attitude. They knew all of this BEFORE they gave him an extension in 2012. Now it's an issue? :no:

There is a difference in intentionally leaking information and having a source within the Eagles' organization that gave nj.com the information. That is all I am saying. Obviously it came from someone inside Philly, but they are also smart enough to know they would get some backlash from this. Which they have.

Of course it was leaked by the Eagles. You know how the game goes. It was leaked so they would look better for releasing Jackson other than to say it was for the money. The Eagles gave Jackson an extension in 2012. They knew what they had in him then. None of this information was new news to them. They knew of his friends with gang ties' date=' his friends with murder charges, his being questioned by the police and never being a suspect or being charged, they knew he was late to meetings, they knew of his attitude. They knew all of this BEFORE they gave him an extension in 2012. Now it's an issue? :no:[/quote']

And he knew what contract he was signing. Like I said before...I hate the Eagles. But I don't think they did anything wrong here.

And he knew what contract he was signing. Like I said before...I hate the Eagles. But I don't think they did anything wrong here.

I love the Eagles but I admit it gives me some pause with the suspected leaked information about his personal life. Just because he grew up with some members of a gang it should not be a full reflection of his character... as long as he keeps his space. With that said, this is how all NFL contracts are laid out. You get your guaranteed dollars and that is about all you get. Guys get cut all the time. Jackson signed for $48.5 million dollars ($10 million guaranteed) just two seasons ago and made it clear he was wanting to renegotiate this offseason. He has earned roughly 1/3rd of his contract of what was part of a 5 year deal.

"While it’s not known who the Crips will look to sign to replace Jackson, rumors are they’ve been in heavy contact with the Cincinnati Bengals and expect a signing in the near future."

:lol:

I love the Eagles but I admit it gives me some pause with the suspected leaked information about his personal life. Just because he grew up with some members of a gang it should not be a full reflection of his character... as long as he keeps his space. With that said, this is how all NFL contracts are laid out. You get your guaranteed dollars and that is about all you get. Guys get cut all the time. Jackson signed for $48.5 million dollars ($10 million guaranteed) just two seasons ago and made it clear he was wanting to renegotiate this offseason. He has earned roughly 1/3rd of his contract of what was part of a 5 year deal.

And last time he was unhappy with his contract, he admitted himself he let it affect his play. Based on his track record, his new coach wasn't having any of it. As an Eagles fan, it's pretty common knowledge as to where Desean is from and who he hangs with. It's been mentioned before. After last year, Chip Kelly is in a position where he can put his stamp on the team. I see this as him sending a message. It's a little arrogant. But I don't buy for a minute this was all about who Djack hangs with.