1. 1. Elite 8

• Kentucky
    • Michigan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a better matchup for UK than people are saying. Michigan has some quick guards who can shoot, and obviously Stauskas has taken his game to the next level. But seriously, the way both teams are playing you would have to bet on Kentucky. Losing WCS hurts in losing the rim protection but down low Michigan doesn't have much other than Morgan. Julius/GRIII is a good matchup, hopefully they will use Poythress to lock down Stauskas like he did Hancock. Then you have a huge size advantage in the backcourt, Michigan guards are quicker but so were Jones, Smith, Rozier, Van Vleet, Baker, Cotton, etc.

With a healthy WCS, I like KY's chances. Without, I don't.

I never dreamed in the last two months this team would get this far. It's kind of like 2011 for me. It's all GRAVY from here on out.

I will stick with my strategy for a Cats victory.....I am picking Michigan. I put the Keightly avatar up at the start of the tourney, not changing until we 1. Lose or 2. Win it all

Seriously this one will come down to U.K.'s transition D. Michigan shoots (and hits) a ton of 3's off their break/transition. Depending on how the Harrison's and others can fight through the screens out high and get on the shooter. Cal doesn't have any time to do a lot of preparation. Mich. does have trouble with good rebounding teams and that is to the U.K. advantage.

Michigan 73

U.K. 67

My youngest son and I got back today from Ann Arbor. He is currently at UK and will graduate in a couple months. He his looking at grad schools for Architecture (between UM and UK). We watched both games last night starting on campus and then in our hotel room. This morning as we leaving, I was happy to get out of the state of Michigan before they realized we had Kentucky plates on our car!