Elite 8 Kentucky vs. Michigan Predictions

16thBBall Fan

Elite 8  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Elite 8

• Kentucky
    • Michigan

I think that as long as UK does a good job of getting out on the 3pt shooters that they will be fine. Michigan only starts one player taller than 6'6" and is ranked 303rd in rebounding. UK should be able to own the paint and the glass even without WCS.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got surprised with tickets for this tilt. Will be my first ever NCAA game and I can't wait!

Congrats ! That's great have a great time but should we lose - the blame will fall on you. :D

I think that as long as UK does a good job of getting out on the 3pt shooters that they will be fine. Michigan only starts one player taller than 6'6" and is ranked 303rd in rebounding. UK should be able to own the paint and the glass even without WCS.

:thumb: Agreed, and that's a big "if" with the way that Michigan screens. Our guys will have to "tough it up" and fight through them.

If Michigan's primary threat is 3 point shooting that might actually work in UK's favor. This is an Elite 8 game with a trip to the Final Four on the line. As most tournaments progress and the tension rises, nerves come into play and the rim shrinks in size. Those 3's may not be as frequent as is usual for the Wolverines. And if Michigan is as bad of a rebounding team as has been noted then UK should clean the defensive boards off any UM missed shots.

It's a game that worries me though, without Willie to protect the rim from drives and give added depth to the front court. I'm afraid it will be another grind out, nail biting game.

Hopefully I'm correct in my assumption that the rim may look a little smaller when the stakes are higher. That shouldn't affect Kentucky as much since the Cats might be making the majority of their points closer to the basket on drives and put backs.

Give me Michigan by 3. But it won't shock me if UK wins. Perimeter defense will be everything. Michigan has been unbelievable shooting from the outside in this tournament. They're due for a cold game, and if the shots don't fall from outside, UK will win. But....