Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 84 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

Yep I am off the Blue kool aid. I'd rather have players proud to wear that Kentucky uniform for more than a year instead of using UK as a stepping stone to the NBA.

 

Agree wholeheartedly. Give me guys like Givens, Lee, Phillips, Robey, Shidler, etc.. for four years over these entitled-minded players with Benjamins dancing in their heads.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. .this thread brought the crazies out, no?

 

Even when people were talking 40-0, they were worried about this game. It was nice to see the Cats come a little bit out of their slump 3-4 games of really bad basketball. Florida is GOOD. The fact that the Cats clawed back a little bit is a positive.

 

From here on out its just like the Cats like it. One and done.

Glad I've abstained from posting for a couple days.

 

- Anyone know what these numbers are? 4,1; 3,1; 2,7; 1,6; 6,1; 5,3; 0,2?

- I really did like that UK battled back though you never felt they had a shot of winning. I thought the zone was effective for spurts.

- I disagree with all the talk about UK not caring, looking ahead to the NBA, etc. If they were winning and carrying themselves the same way no person would say a peep about it. To put it simply, they are young and not as good as people felt they would be.

- James Young started hot and kept it from being a blow out from the tip, but I am not sure he played after the first 10 minutes?

- WCS has such a poor feel for the game.

- I do not understand the love affair with Patrick Young? He is now playing at the level he was supposed to be at during his Freshman/Sophomore seasons. He is averaging 10.3 points, and 5.9 rebounds. Dude is a truck and still can't average 6 rebounds a game.

- Seems as if Cal is trying to go more mellow and not yank guys for every simple mistake.

Glad I've abstained from posting for a couple days.

 

- Anyone know what these numbers are? 4,1; 3,1; 2,7; 1,6; 6,1; 5,3; 0,2?

 

Assist:Turnover Ratio?

Assist:Turnover Ratio?

 

Nope. Any other guesses?

I was curious about something so I looked into it, and out of Cal's 5 teams at Kentucky Andrew Harrison is the 2nd BEST at taking care of the ball. The only PG better? Ryan Harrow.

 

TO/Game:

 

Andrew Harrison: 2.5

Ryan Harrow: 1.7

Marquis Teague: 2.7

Brandon Knight: 3.2

John Wall: 4.0

 

Now, what that means, probably nothing, but I found it interesting. Seems like everyone harps on Harrison's TOs, but in reality, he does it less than the other PGs since Cal has been at UK. :idunno:

I was curious about something so I looked into it, and out of Cal's 5 teams at Kentucky Andrew Harrison is the 2nd BEST at taking care of the ball. The only PG better? Ryan Harrow.

 

TO/Game:

 

Andrew Harrison: 2.5

Ryan Harrow: 1.7

Marquis Teague: 2.7

Brandon Knight: 3.2

John Wall: 4.0

 

Now, what that means, probably nothing, but I found it interesting. Seems like everyone harps on Harrison's TOs, but in reality, he does it less than the other PGs since Cal has been at UK. :idunno:

But when you don't pass the ball and get assists it becomes magnified.

But when you don't pass the ball and get assists it becomes magnified.

That is about what I was going to say. No one is complaining about turnovers from Harrison. The complaints come from the inability to run the offense to create shots etc. and when you throw bricks against the backboard half a dozen times a game, that also doesn't help.

Andrew Harrison takes about 8 shots a game. People act as if he is a ball hogging shooter. I am personally fine with the amount of shots he and his brother take, their selection just suffers. Andrew also suffers from not having many good finishers.

I was curious about something so I looked into it, and out of Cal's 5 teams at Kentucky Andrew Harrison is the 2nd BEST at taking care of the ball. The only PG better? Ryan Harrow.

 

TO/Game:

 

Andrew Harrison: 2.5

Ryan Harrow: 1.7

Marquis Teague: 2.7

Brandon Knight: 3.2

John Wall: 4.0

 

Now, what that means, probably nothing, but I found it interesting. Seems like everyone harps on Harrison's TOs, but in reality, he does it less than the other PGs since Cal has been at UK. :idunno:

 

It would be worse if a TO was given for when he forces the ball into the lane, goes airborne and throws up a wild shot with no chance of going in while hoping for a foul. That seems to happen at least 3 times a game. Actually, more like 5-7 times a game but he gets some of the foul calls.

They probably won't but they should. There really isn't an NBA ready player on team in the fact that they would all be better served to come back. Even Randle is extremely limited for the NBA game at this time. He's a short, grounded PF that struggles with size. What the heck is he going to see in the NBA?

 

Outside of Lee any of the others would be crazy to transfer. Why put up with two years guaranteed, when even if you hate UK and Cal you could potentially leave in one more? That would be the kind of decision some of these Einstein's could likely make though.

 

Randle needs to go before his stock drops because the longer he stays the more they will pick apart his game. That is the reality he faces in my opinion.

Randle needs to go before his stock drops because the longer he stays the more they will pick apart his game. That is the reality he faces in my opinion.

He also can only shoot with one hand, you see it in his game every time they play. He has to go to the left hand and he will struggle in the NBA big time unless he can learn to shoot with his other hand.

Rocket science tells me this...

 

Cal with an NBA ready/border line star player or two = good year.

 

Cal with players who need to develop = ups and downs and maybe a tournament run if we're lucky.

Rocket science tells me this...

 

Cal with an NBA ready/border line star player or two = good year.

 

Cal with players who need to develop = ups and downs and maybe a tournament run if we're lucky.

 

And when the players that need to develop are all frosh and sophomores and you have to rely on them you get the season like this. Any coach in america would struggle with this team.

He also can only shoot with one hand, you see it in his game every time they play. He has to go to the left hand and he will struggle in the NBA big time unless he can learn to shoot with his other hand.

 

How many players in the NBA are ambidextrous? :D

 

No, I get what your saying, and I agree. Very tough for an NBA guy to thrive if he can't finish with both hands.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.