Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida 84 Kentucky 65

Featured Replies

Yep I am off the Blue kool aid. I'd rather have players proud to wear that Kentucky uniform for more than a year instead of using UK as a stepping stone to the NBA.

 

I am not off the one and done recruiting but there has to be some balance. You need some upper class leadership. This year's team is just ridiculous on the freshman playing time versus upper class. I believe this team has the highest percent of playing time by freshmen ever.

Edited by Voice of Reason

  • Replies 97
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retweeted by
Herald-Leader Sports

JerryTipton_100x100_bigger.jpg

‏
@
JerryTipton
12m

Randle - we still believe

Expand

 

Jerry Tipton
‏
@
JerryTipton
12m

Randle - we got to get this thing going. We don't know what we got tn do, but we got to get it going

 

 

GregNJ
‏
@
GregNJ
10m

See kids yes Kansas may have lost to an unranked WVU giving them now 8 losses and lost 2 of last 3 but Wiggins was great so see its all ok

 

Yep I am off the Blue kool aid. I'd rather have players proud to wear that Kentucky uniform for more than a year instead of using UK as a stepping stone to the NBA.

 

Not that, just wasn't funny. :lol2:

The bottom line was that Kentucky was beaten by a better basketball team. That's what you get when you have Seniors, defense, depth and desire.

Kentucky lost this game in the first half, that was complete dominance by #1 Florida. The Cats freshmen were intimidated by Fla. and their crowd. That's one of the toughest places in the country to play, not to mention when you are playing a more experienced and better basketball "Team". I believe that the Gators will make a deep run if not win it all.

Aaron and Andrew were intimidated from the opening tip, as the old saying goes they "didn't know whether to crap, wind their butt or wipe their watch". I will give credit to the Cats for "sucking it up", coming out with a fire and make a good run in the first 10 min. of the 2nd half. Was a good coaching job by Cal at halftime, adjustments made and he instilled a confidence/fire in them that they imo haven't shown since the early season. There just wasn't enough to complete the 22 pt. comeback. Florida is too good, too well coached for that.

Goes w/o saying that a lot of work needs to get done and time has now all but ran out. Hopefully this team will go into Friday night with a renewed confidence and start the tourney run with the SEC in Catlanta !

Should anyone have quit on this team then that's fine. Just don't come back jumping on the bus when they get things going. Regardless if its this season, next or whenever. I don't believe in fair weather (so called) U.K. Basketball fans

After a poor first half, UK ended up shooting 45.1 percent from the field. Julius Randle led UK with 16 points, 10 rebounds.

 

James Young had 14 points, Aaron Harrison recorded 10, and Dakari Johnson finished with nine points and five rebounds.

I am not off the one and done recruiting but there has to be some balance. You need some upper class leadership.

 

:thumb: I agree, maybe too much of a good thing is bad. U.K. imo needs one or two "superstars" but needs more of the "very good basketball players" that will be here for at least three, hopefully four years.

To his defense on the subject, Cal doesn't like the 1/Done rule at all. He is just going after the best / most talent that he can. The NBA, not NCAA controls that. I would love at least a 2, preferably 3 year and out rule.

I would rather have Tubby than Cal.

I would rather have Tubby than Cal.

 

:lol2: That is the first time I have heard anyone make that comment.

I would rather have Tubby then Cal.

 

Oh No you did..'nt. :scared: ! UK#1, If you are serious then you have just opened up a can with the unlimited no. of "Tubby Bashers". :popcorn: I know, I defended the man forever on here with the shots firing at me:lol2:

  • Author
I would rather have Tubby than Cal.

 

I know you're only stirring the pot, so I will reply appropriately:

 

Meh.

I stick with wishing they hired Travis Ford instead of Cal.

I don't know if anyone noticed this but, in the second half it looked like Cal was telling An Harrison to pass the ball to the corner for James Young. Instead Harrison drove te ball and threw up and absolutely terrible shot that luckily was bailed out by Dakari with the putback. They don't listen, it's so frustrating.

Give me Ryan Harrow back, I am done watching the Harrison's. They are the most over hyped players I have ever seen. You have to have a guard that break people down and create for your teammates, they do not do this. Then after ever foul they commit, we have to watch them cry how it wasn't a foul.

I don't know if anyone noticed this but, in the second half it looked like Cal was telling An Harrison to pass the ball to the corner for James Young. Instead Harrison drove te ball and threw up and absolutely terrible shot that luckily was bailed out by Dakari with the putback. They don't listen, it's so frustrating.

 

Can you imagine how frustrated Coach Cal is?

 

This is the bad habits he thought he would have them out of by now. As Cal has stated, it is a process.

I have said it before on these threads and I will say it one more time " The best 5 to 10 minute team in UK history"............

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.