Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ron Jaworski: I wouldn’t take Manziel in first three rounds

Featured Replies

  • Author

Agree or Disagree?

 

Although I would be scared to take him at the top of the draft surely he is worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round pick, right?

Agree or Disagree?

 

Although I would be scared to take him at the top of the draft surely he is worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round pick, right?

 

Where do you honestly see him 4 years down the road?

I tend to agree, IMO he's a 1 read QB then makes things happen with his legs. He's a gamer and a play maker who is fun to watch but I don't think he'll make it in the NFL long term as a QB. I forsee a career similar to Tebow's. If he is successful on the field I can't imagine he'll be able to stay in his shoes with all of the freedom, money and fame.

  • Author
Where do you honestly see him 4 years down the road?

 

Worth the risk of more than a 4th round draft choice.

Worth the risk of more than a 4th round draft choice.

 

 

I don't know. I just don't see him doing much in the NFL.

Agree or Disagree?

 

Although I would be scared to take him at the top of the draft surely he is worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round pick, right?

 

Yes, I think so. On a good team I think he would do very well on a poor team where he is having to carry the entire offense I think he would struggle. But this kid does appear to have that "IT" factor and seems to be able to make stuff happen...love to see him in Philly!

  • Author
I don't know. I just don't see him doing much in the NFL.

 

So he is off your draft board?

I totally disagree with Jaws. And I am not a fan of the kid. But I have a feeling he's gonna be a significant player.

Not sure where I would pick him, but I would think injuries will

play a factor in his career.

I agree with JAWS. I have thought that from the beginning

I totally disagree with Jaws. And I am not a fan of the kid. But I have a feeling he's gonna be a significant player.

 

I do see him being a significant player, but more of a flash in the pan type player.

 

When drafting a franchise type quarterback with one of the first few picks of the draft, a team has to be looking for a guy who projects to be a 10+ year type player......aka, Andrew Luck.

 

I just don't see Johnny Manziel being that guy. For instance, what does Johnny Manziel have that Vince Young doesn't/didn't have. Vince Young had a very underachieving NFL career versus level of expectation.

So he is off your draft board?

 

 

Not off the board, but I'd wait until at least 4th or 5th round.

I agree with Jaws. I just don't think his style of play will translate well to the NFL.

He could be an NFL player but I don't see him as a QB there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.