Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ron Jaworski: I wouldn’t take Manziel in first three rounds

Featured Replies

Johnny Football will have most of you eating your words!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I hope.

I disagree with Jaws. Johnny football is the real deal. I hope he does slide because I think if he slides he is one of those players that plays with the extra chip on the shoulder.

Not impressed with him.

He does make plays, but is a loose cannon.

I don't think he stays healthy in the NFL.

I'd take a gamble on him late...but no where near the first couple of rounds. Too undisciplined of a style...not sure about his qualities as a "teammate" and a leader...I mean ultimately you would want your qb to be the leader on the field and I don't know about him in that role. Takes a LOT of chances on the field that over the past 2 years mostly worked out for him...that might not happen on an NFL field. Of course his playing style is a huge concern with his size and the injury factor. If I'm a GM, and I got a piece of paper, cons on one side, pros on the other, I think I have more "cons" listed. If that's the case, you don't pick him first round.

I have followed the NFL draft and players way too much over the past 4-5 months. Mainly because I knew Jacksonville would be drafting top 5. I personally think Johnny Football is going to be an absolute stud or a bust. No other options for him. I personally am leaning more towards stud. I really think he is going to be something in the NFL. If Johnny Football falls outside of the Top 10 in this draft I will be shocked. There are so many teams that are needing a QB that I see someone taking a risk in drafting him.

I respect Jaws' critique but it's one mans' opinion. Sub 6'0" QBs aren't the NFL prototype but plenty of NFL prototypes have also failed. I'm amazed that his hands are so large. I didn't realize I had small hands until I measured after hearing his were 9 1/2 inches. If he can find a passing lane those mitts will be huge.

I respect Jaws' critique but it's one mans' opinion. Sub 6'0" QBs aren't the NFL prototype but plenty of NFL prototypes have also failed. I'm amazed that his hands are so large. I didn't realize I had small hands until I measured after hearing his were 9 1/2 inches. If he can find a passing lane those mitts will be huge.
Correct, but sometimes they win superbowls.

Is he another Doug Flutie type, only a little bigger?

I tend to trust the folks that do this for a living. When it comes to evaluating QBs, I really pay attention to JAWS and Trent Dilfer.

What he did against Bama 2 years ago, I was thinking fluke... then he did it again this year. The reason I say Bama is because that is most PROtypical defense in college football and he ate their lunch both years.

 

I think his size hurts him as he is not near as big as Favre, but that is the type of QB he reminds me of. He will throw lots of TD's and lots of INT's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.