Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands to host 8A Christopher Columbus Miami (FL)

Featured Replies

Difference? A week or more off

school and the chance to play multiple games to start

I agree there is a difference to an extent but football travel of this sort is by far not the norm and if it is possible I see nothing wrong with it. Plus if week zero I would not think Florida schools would be in session.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Dont kid yourselves, this is a very good football team. What part of similarities made to Cincy St X did some people not understand.

 

Great get as Tdy said. Should make for a great HS tv game.

For what it is worth, Calprep's shows Columbus [Christopher] (Miami, FL) with a 2013 final rating of 37.0.

 

That would have been good for 18th in Kentucky last year, behind John Hardin and just ahead of Wayne County.

Their QB is rated #4 by Maxpreps top 100. I'm thinking this may be the same kid that two of Highlands players have already played against in the USA football camp. He was white team captain when Beau Hoge and Andrew Abner went to the USA camp a couple three years ago. I think TBirds can add to that.

 

Either way, after watching some Hudl film on this team and their players, they will be nowhere near the "clown show" team from last year. This team will be a battle for Highlands. Will be great exposure for both. That's what it's all about anyway.

For what it is worth, Calprep's shows Columbus [Christopher] (Miami, FL) with a 2013 final rating of 37.0.

 

That would have been good for 18th in Kentucky last year, behind John Hardin and just ahead of Wayne County.

 

Well, then I guess it will be competitive.

I agree there is a difference to an extent but football travel of this sort is by far not the norm and if it is possible I see nothing wrong with it. Plus if week zero I would not think Florida schools would be in session.

 

My understanding is this is filling Highlands "open" week which last year was Oct 11.

Does getting a team from FL to fill in an open week tell us that no other NKY team not already on the schedule would play HHS?

For what it is worth, Calprep's shows Columbus [Christopher] (Miami, FL) with a 2013 final rating of 37.0.

 

That would have been good for 18th in Kentucky last year, behind John Hardin and just ahead of Wayne County.

 

Since we are talking last years records, their JV was undefeated. Well, they like HHS didn't play all their games. They went 4-0 with a game cancelled. Crazy the similarities.

Does getting a team from FL to fill in an open week tell us that no other NKY team not already on the schedule would play HHS?

 

Yeah, I have no idea. Not sure what teams locally if any answered the email. Would be nice to know who responded.

Does getting a team from FL to fill in an open week tell us that no other NKY team not already on the schedule would play HHS?

 

Did someone have an opening.

 

Prob the subject for another thread but with new blood at the top I think we will see local teams Boone and Ryke back in the Birds schedule shortly.

Does getting a team from FL to fill in an open week tell us that no other NKY team not already on the schedule would play HHS?

Schedules are already set

Why. HS baseball teams travel all over during spring break and HS basketball teams do the same during Christmas break, What's the difference?

 

About 80 kids. $$$

 

There's a big different to a basketball or baseball team traveling with 12 to 16 kids compared to a football team with upwards of 100 kids.

Their QB is rated #4 by Maxpreps top 100. I'm thinking this may be the same kid that two of Highlands players have already played against in the USA football camp. He was white team captain when Beau Hoge and Andrew Abner went to the USA camp a couple three years ago. I think TBirds can add to that.

 

Either way, after watching some Hudl film on this team and their players, they will be nowhere near the "clown show" team from last year. This team will be a battle for Highlands. Will be great exposure for both. That's what it's all about anyway.

 

Clown show? OUCH! I guess you mean like the clown show that Collins beat in the state finals? Cake eaters crack me up.

I agree there is a difference to an extent but football travel of this sort is by far not the norm and if it is possible I see nothing wrong with it. Plus if week zero I would not think Florida schools would be in session.

 

Didn't say there's anything wrong with it, I'm just amazed they can do it with the 150 or so people they probably haul.

Clown show? OUCH! I guess you mean like the clown show that Collins beat in the state finals? Cake eaters crack me up.

 

Lol! "Clown show"! I knew that would be your trigger!

 

If you paid attention as you read through all the post in this thread, them you would have seen that those were Guru's words and opinions, not mine. Now if you can, and I know it will be a bit of a stretch, let's stay on topic.

 

Have a glorious day my friend!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.