Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands to host 8A Christopher Columbus Miami (FL)

Featured Replies

Congrats to Wienrich on getting the game. Possibly getting on ESPN is/could be HUGE again.

  • Replies 185
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think HHS will beat this team just like I predicted HHS would win last year against the team they played.

 

Not sure what you are confused about. I never said HHS wasn't good. They are very good and have been for a long long time. My whole thing was that when the statment is made that Highlands is finally stepping up when playing this team it's a slap in the face 1 to the other teams that HHS has on their schedule that may actually be better than this Fla team and 2, if that is the team needed to play for Highlands to be thought of as "Stepping Up" then maybe they should of waited for a better team. Play trinity in the regular season....now that would be considered stepping up. You seem to be stuck on the Class 8 that this team plays in and somehow you are convinced because they are from a big school they must be a great team. That myth has been proven wrong over and over again. Size doesn't matter......or at least that's what I've been told :sssh:

 

 

 

You talk and you talk and all I hear is "I don't like Highlands". It's ok to just admit it.

 

I definitely think it's a statement that Highlands can go out and pick up games like this and get national exposure whether you think the team from FL. is worthy or not. The Birds would not have to make that statement if teams in NKY stepped up and played them. Calling Simon Kenton...calling Cooper now, I guess. Can either of those teams get an 8a team from Miami to come to NKY? Doubt it.

For the record, I'd love to see a Trinity/Highlands match-up as well but you can't play them every week...

This.

 

I haven't seen Iam4thecats in this thread. He told me to call him out if HHS landed a team outside of KY and he also said that the national exposure and tv thing is way overated and means nothing. He must be busy getting his new team ready for the upcoming season.

I am sure glad that Hellbird thinks like me and agrees that the TV exposure is important to exposing kids and programs and anybody in their right mind would jump all over it.

 

C'mon Cats, ya got your ears on son? C'mon Cats, Cats?

 

Maybe you should go back a read what I said. I posted where Highlands was advertising on KY listserve and you pretty much called me a liar and then I actually posted the e-mail sent out by highlands and you got really quiet.

Can Highlands compete with this team next year? All I keep hearing is that the talent level is way down. Maybe it is time for the Highlands 2014 thread to be started that Guru talked about.

Can Highlands compete with this team next year? All I keep hearing is that the talent level is way down. Maybe it is time for the Highlands 2014 thread to be started that Guru talked about.

 

Who knows? Probably won't have a clue until summer at the earliest, given all that they have to replace.

Highlands loses talent every year. The work ethic and coaching in the fort is what allows that. The work ethic and coaching will be there.

Maybe you should go back a read what I said. I posted where Highlands was advertising on KY listserve and you pretty much called me a liar and then I actually posted the e-mail sent out by highlands and you got really quiet.

 

TFVH quiet! Now that's funny!

Can Highlands compete with this team next year? All I keep hearing is that the talent level is way down. Maybe it is time for the Highlands 2014 thread to be started that Guru talked about.

 

We'll according to Maxpreps, they have the #4 QB in their top 100 next year. TBirds saw him play at the USA camp against two of our own. Not sure where he has been, but maybe he can give some insight on the kid. I do know he transferred from Colorado to Miami after his freshman year. You know somebody mentioned that this school recruits the Dade and neighboring counties down there. Looks like they went nationwide on this kid. Check out Hudl. Looks pretty solid.

We'll according to Maxpreps, they have the #4 QB in their top 100 next year. TBirds saw him play at the USA camp against two of our own. Not sure where he has been, but maybe he can give some insight on the kid. I do know he transferred from Colorado to Miami after his freshman year. You know somebody mentioned that this school recruits the Dade and neighboring counties down there. Looks like they went nationwide on this kid. Check out Hudl. Looks pretty solid.

 

For the sake of argument:

 

Christopher Columbus has three player sin the Rivals Database for 2015

 

QB Tucker Beirne- No Offers Listed

WR Austin Maloney- No Offers Listed

OLB Peter Delatour- No Offers Listed

 

They Have One Player for 2016:

RB Amir Rasul- No Offers Listed

 

 

 

By no means saying there is no talent on the CC roster...but also don't quite think it is fair to hype them up with the Maxpreps Ranking of a QB that all the recruiting sites don't even show as having an offer or even a 2* Rating.

 

 

 

To further add some info... this is what the 2014 CC Signing Class Produced:

2* LB Nick McBeath- Holy Cross (Offers to FIU and UMASS)

2* RB Jose Alvarado- Colgate (Offers to Campbell, Cornell, Valpo, Dartmouth)

2* WR Sasha Kelsey- No School Shown (Offers to App State and Colgate)

 

The more I read about this team the more it continues to convince me my initial comparison to a middle tier GCL team is accurate.. like a LaSalle

For the sake of argument:

 

Christopher Columbus has three player sin the Rivals Database for 2015

 

QB Tucker Beirne- No Offers Listed

WR Austin Maloney- No Offers Listed

OLB Peter Delatour- No Offers Listed

 

They Have One Player for 2016:

RB Amir Rasul- No Offers Listed

 

 

 

By no means saying there is no talent on the CC roster...but also don't quite think it is fair to hype them up with the Maxpreps Ranking of a QB that all the recruiting sites don't even show as having an offer or even a 2* Rating.

 

 

 

To further add some info... this is what the 2014 CC Signing Class Produced:

2* LB Nick McBeath- Holy Cross (Offers to FIU and UMASS)

2* RB Jose Alvarado- Colgate (Offers to Campbell, Cornell, Valpo, Dartmouth)

2* WR Sasha Kelsey- No School Shown (Offers to App State and Colgate)

 

The more I read about this team the more it continues to convince me my initial comparison to a middle tier GCL team is accurate.. like a LaSalle

 

Cool! Thanks for the info.

You talk and you talk and all I hear is "I don't like Highlands". It's ok to just admit it.

 

I definitely think it's a statement that Highlands can go out and pick up games like this and get national exposure whether you think the team from FL. is worthy or not. The Birds would not have to make that statement if teams in NKY stepped up and played them. Calling Simon Kenton...calling Cooper now, I guess. Can either of those teams get an 8a team from Miami to come to NKY? Doubt it.

For the record, I'd love to see a Trinity/Highlands match-up as well but you can't play them every week...

 

I have never ever ever said I don't like Highlands.

 

What I don't like are when SOME, not all but Some of their fans come on here and act as if they are going above and beyond with everything they do. I love watching that entire program. What they've done is awesome. I've gone to a couple of their games even last year and had a rooting interest due to knowing some players and starters personally.

 

Never said I hate them. I just don't over exaggerate what they are doing or the opponents they are playing as if they are the top in the nation etc.

 

Huge difference.

 

I've gotten on some Trinity fans also when they come off sounding very arrogant. Doesn't mean I don't root for T in games like this. It means some fans need to b knocked down a notch or two from their pedestal now and then.

  • Author
I have never ever ever said I don't like Highlands.

 

What I don't like are when SOME, not all but Some of their fans come on here and act as if they are going above and beyond with everything they do. I love watching that entire program. What they've done is awesome. I've gone to a couple of their games even last year and had a rooting interest due to knowing some players and starters personally.

 

Never said I hate them. I just don't over exaggerate what they are doing or the opponents they are playing as if they are the top in the nation etc.

 

Huge difference.

 

I've gotten on some Trinity fans also when they come off sounding very arrogant. Doesn't mean I don't root for T in games like this. It means some fans need to b knocked down a notch or two from their pedestal now and then.

 

No you didn't. You just gave us all the answers we needed with this statement. Despise would be a better word than hate even though it means the same.

 

Bottom line and fact, HHS and Trinity are the two most storied programs in the history of the state of KY and its you job to keep their fans in line. Dont need any more BGP cops, got enough of them already. LOL

 

Next.

  • Author
Congrats to Wienrich on getting the game. Possibly getting on ESPN is/could be HUGE again.

 

So playing on ESPN isn't just "Oscar Myers Baloney" but "HUGE" now?

 

Maybe Ryle will "step up" (opps, theres that phrase again) and play HHS again in the near future, HHS owes them one btw. HHS will most probably be looking for a new series after this one yr deal with this 8A Fl team so hopefully a Boone or Kenton Cty team will call Coach W asking for a game.

Edited by Ram

  • Author
TFVH quiet! Now that's funny!

 

Hey you talk when I say its your turn to talk.

So playing on ESPN isn't just "Oscar Myers Baloney" but "HUGE" now?

 

Maybe Ryle will "step up" (opps, theres that phrase again) and play HHS again in the near future, HHS owes them one btw. HHS will most probably be looking for a new series after this one yr deal with this 8A Fl team so hopefully a Boone or Kenton Cty team will call Coach W asking for a game.

 

Be careful what you ask for. I don't think Ryle will shy away from anyone in the upcoming years. In fact if you look at Ryle's schedule we play our district and other top programs. We have not had one cream puff or gimme on our schedule. This is what hellbird refers to.. the arrogance. Can't wait to kick some bluebird butt.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.